The College of Fine Arts and Design (CFAD) at the University of Sharjah aspires to become one of the leading academic institutions in the UAE, the Gulf, the Arab world, and internationally.
Situated at the cultural intersection between Asia and Africa, the College of Fine Arts and Design aims to be a center of visual dialogue between the Middle East and the Western World.
The College of FAD aspires to be an international center of excellence that possesses superior art facilities for teaching, research and creative discovery as well as for exhibiting artworks.
The CFAD strives to achieve the following goals:
1. Provide students with educational knowledge in the field of Fine Arts and Design sciences, according to the highest levels of quality in Fine Art, Interior Architecture, Graphic and Multimedia and Fashion Design.
2. Prepare qualified fine arts and design professionals, who can play a part in different executive and professional careers in various arts institutions such as galleries, museums and art foundations
3. Develop art and design studies through research collaboration and cooperation with universities and academic institutions in the UAE and at the regional and international levels.
4. Contribute to the cultural and social progress of the community by responding to its needs through effective partnership with arts organizations, design departments, and the establishment of specialized research centers and scientific associations that aims to market the College's academic and research services for mutual benefits.
5. Preserve and emphasize the Arab and Islamic culture and community's ethics in all of the tasks undertaken by the College, whether at the level of teaching, scientific research or community service.
6. Raise the quality of art education by developing cooperation with other higher education institutions and the adoption of best practices in teaching and learning, and establishing cooperation agreements with Western distinguished universities in the field of Fine Arts and Design.
7. Develop the qualifications and skills of college graduates to keep abreast of developments in the local, regional and international levels by linking the college's programs with the market's needs and through programs of continuous education and training.
The mission of the CFAD is to provide students with scientific and professional experience of the highest standards and to provide comprehensive and specialized programs in the field of Fine Arts and Design. The CFAD is committed to contribute to the development of society in line with the values, heritage and culture of the Arab and Muslim community, while striving for the development of arts education and research in the Emirate of Sharjah and the UAE with regional and global outreach.
It is expected that graduates of the CFAD to become leaders in their chosen fields. Students and faculty, in addition to their expertise and accomplishment, provide cultural, intellectual, and aesthetic stimulation for the campus, the Emirate of Sharjah and beyond.