The College of Fine Arts and Design (CFAD) at the University of Sharjah aspires to become one of the leading academic institutions in the UAE, the Gulf, the Arab world, and the world.
Situated at the cultural intersection between Asia and Africa, the College of Fine Arts and Design aims to be a center of visual dialogue between the Middle East and the Western world. Moreover, it aspires to be an international center of excellence that boasts superior art facilities for teaching, research and creative discovery as well as for exhibiting artworks.
The CFAD strives to achieve the following:
- Provide students with outstanding education and knowledge in the field of fine arts and design, while adhering to the highest standards of pedagogy and production in such areas as fine arts, interior architecture, graphic and multimedia and fashion design
- Train qualified fine arts and design practitioners, who can play a part in different executive and professional careers in such institutions as galleries, museums and art foundations
- Develop art and design studies through research collaboration and cooperation with universities and academic institutions in the UAE, the region and beyond
- Contribute to the cultural and social progress of the community by responding to its needs through effective partnership with arts organizations and design departments, and the establishment of specialized research centers and scientific associations that aim to market the college's academic and research services for mutual benefit
- Preserve and emphasize the Arab and Islamic culture and the particular heritage and traditions of the local community in all of our endeavors, whether in teaching, scientific research or community service
- Enhance the quality of art education by developing cooperative relations with other higher education institutions, adopting best practice in teaching and learning, and engaging in cooperation agreements with distinguished Western universities in the fields of fine arts and design
- Develop the qualifications and skills of college graduates to be better able to keep abreast of local, regional and international developments. This is achieved by linking our programs to the market's needs and through offering programs of continuous education and training
Provide students with a scientific and professional experience of the highest standards and to deliver comprehensive and specialized programs in the field of fine arts and design. The CFAD is committed to contributing to the development of society in line with the values, heritage and culture of the Arab and Muslim community, while striving for the progress of arts education and research in the Emirate of Sharjah and the UAE with regional and global outreach.
It is expected that graduates of the CFAD become leaders in their chosen fields. Students and faculty, with their expertise and accomplishments, provide cultural, intellectual, and aesthetic stimulation for the campus, the Emirate of Sharjah and beyond.