1. Ahmed G. Ab-Khalil “Control system of DFIG for Wind Power Generation Systems” LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, ISBN-10: 3659649813, ISBN-13: 978-3659649813, January 23, 2015.
2. Ali Eltamaly, Almoataz Abdulaziz, Ahmed G. Abo-khalil,” Control and Operation of Grid-Connected Wind Energy Systems”, Green Energy and Technology, Springer, 2021.
1. Ahmed G. Abo-Khalil " Impacts of Wind Farms on Power System Stability " in " Wind Farm" book, ISBN 980-953-307-562-9, 2013.
2. Ahmed G. Abo-khalil, Ali Eltamaly, Khairy Sayed ,” Different Approaches for Efficiency Optimization of DFIG Wind Power Generation Systems” in Energy and Technology, Springer, 2021.
3. Ahmed G. Abo-khalil, Ali Eltamaly,” Voltage Source Converter Control Under Unbalanced Grid Voltage” in Energy and Technology, Springer, 2021.
4. Ali Eltamaly, Ahmed A. Zaki Diab, Ahmed G. Abo-khalil, ” Robust Control Based on H∞ and Linear Quadratic Gaussian of Load Frequency Control of Power Systems Integrated with Wind Energy System” in Energy and Technology, Springer, 2021.
5. Ali M. Eltamaly, Yehia Sayed Mohamed, Abou-Hashema M. El-Sayed, Amer Nasr A. Elghaffar, Ahmed G. Abo-Khalil,” D-STATCOM for Distribution Network Compensation Linked with Wind Generation,” in Energy and Technology, Springer, 2021.
6. Khairy Sayed, Ahmed G. Abo-Khalil, and Ali M. Eltamaly,” Wind Power Plants Control Systems Based on SCADA System”, in Energy and Technology, Springer, 2021.
7. Ali Eltamaly, Mohamed A. Mohamed, Ahmed G. Abo-khalil, ” Maximum Power Point Tracking Strategies of Grid-Connected Wind Energy Conversion Systems” in Energy and Technology, Springer, 2021.
Papers in Refereed Journals
1. Ibrahim M. Alarifi, Ahmed G. Abo-Khalil, Abdel-Rahman Al-Qawasmi, Walied Alharbi, Mohammad Alobaid, On the effects of nanomaterials on the performance of solar distillation systems-A comprehensive review, Solar Energy, Volume 218, 2021, Pages 596-610.
2. Ahmed G Abo-Khalil, Walied Alharbi, Abd-Elrahman Al-Qawasmi, Mohamed Alobaid, Ibrahim Alarifi “Modeling and control of unbalanced and distorted grid voltage of grid‐connected DFIG wind turbine ,” International Transaction on Electrical Energy Systems, 2021. https://doi.org/10.1002/2050-7038.12857
3. Ahmed G Abo-Khalil, Ali S. Alghamdi, “MPPT of Permanent Magnet Synchronous Generator in Tidal Energy Systems Using Support Vector Regression,” Sustainability 13 (4), 2021.
4. Ahmed G Abo-Khalil, Walied Alharbi, Abd-Elrahman Al-Qawasmi, Mohamed Alobaid, Ibrahim Alarifi “Maximum Power Point Tracking of PV Systems under Partial Shading Conditions Based on Opposition-Based Learning Firefly Algorithm,” Sustainability 13 (5), 2021.
5. Ahmed G Abo-Khalil, Ali M. Eltamaly, Mamdooh S. Alsaud, K. Sayed, Ali S. Alghamdi, “Sensorless control for PMSM using model reference adaptive system,” International Transaction on Electrical Energy Systems, 2021; https://doi.org/10.1002/2050-7038.12733
6. Zhang Bo, Leonardus WW Mihardjo, Mahidzal Dahari, Ahmed G Abo-Khalil, Abde Rahman Al-Qawasmi, Abdeliazim Mustafa Mohamed, Towhid Parikhani,”Thermodynamic and exergoeconomic analyses and optimization of an auxiliary tri-generation system for a ship utilizing exhaust gases from its engine,” Elsevier, Journal of Cleaner Production, 125012.
7. A. Almutairi, Ahmed G Abo-Khalil, K. Sayed, N. Albagami,” MPPT for a PV Grid-Connected System to Improve Efficiency under Partial Shading Conditions,” Sustainability 12 (24), December, 2020.
8. Ahmed G Abo-Khalil,” Maximum Power Point Tracking for a PV System Using Tuned Support Vector Regression by Particle Swarm Optimization,” Journal of Engineering Research, 8 (4), 139-152, 2020.
9. R. P. Praveen, V. Keloth, Ahmed G Abo-Khalil, Ali S Alghamdi, Ali M Eltamaly, I. Tlili,” An insight to the energy policy of GCC countries to meet renewable energy targets of 2030”, Energy Policy, 147, 2020.
10. Ahmed G. Abo-Khalil, Ali M Eltamaly, P. R. Praveen, Ali S. Alghamdi, I. Tlili ” A Sensorless Wind Speed and Rotor Position Control of PMSG in Wind Power Generation Systems”, Sustainability 12 (20), 8481, October, 2020. Impact Factor : 2.59
11. Ali M Eltamaly, MS Al-Saud, Ahmed G Abokhalil,” A novel scanning bat algorithm strategy for maximum power point tracker of partially shaded photovoltaic energy systems”, Ain Shams Engineering Journal, Elsevier, 2020.
12. A. M. Eltamaly, H. Farah, Ahmed G. Abo-Khalil “A novel PSO strategy for improving dynamic change partial shading photovoltaic maximum power point tracker” Journal of Energy Sources Part A Recovery Utilization and Environmental Effects, 2020.
13. A. M. Eltamaly, M. S. Al-Saud, Khairy Sayed, Ahmed G. Abo-Khalil,” Sensorless Active and Reactive Control for DFIG Wind Turbines Using Opposition-Based Learning Technique”, Sustainability 12 (9), 3583, April, 2020.
14. Ahmed G. Abo-khalil, Abdel-Rahman Al-Qawasmi, Ali M. Eltamaly, B. G. Yu,” Condition Monitoring of DC-Link Electrolytic Capacitors in PWM Power Converters Using OBL Method”, Sustainability 12 (9), 3719, May 2020.
15. Naveed Ashraf, Tahir Izhar, Ghulam Abbas, Ahmed Bilal Awan, Ali S. Alghamdi, Ahmed G Abo-Khalil, Khairy Sayed, Umar Farooq, Valentina E Balas,” A new single-phase direct frequency controller switch count without zero-crossing detector for induction heating system’, MDPI Electronics, 9(3), 2020, 430.
16. A. M. Eltamaly, M. S. Al-Saud, Ahmed G. Abo-Khalil,” Dynamic Control of a DFIG Wind Power Generation System to Mitigate Unbalanced Grid Voltage,” IEEE Access, February 2020.
17. A. M. Eltamaly, M. S. Al-Saud, Ahmed G. Abo-Khalil, H. Farah,” Simulation and Experimental Validation of Fast Adaptive Particle Swarm Optimization Strategy for Photovoltaic Global Peak Tracker under Dynamic Partial Shading,” Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elseiver, Vol. 124, Feb. 2020.
18. Ahmed G. Abo-Khalil, P. R. Praveen, M. Salah, “Wind speed characteristics and energy potential for selected sites in Saudi Arabia”, Journal of King Saud University Engineering Sciences”, December 2019.
19. Khairy sayed, Ahmed Kassem, Hydra Saleb, Ali S. Alghamdi, Ahmed G. Abo-khalil,” Energy-Saving of Battery Electric Vehicle Powertrain and Efficiency Improvement during Different Standard Driving Cycles,” Sustainability 12 (9), 3719, 12(24), 2020.
20. A. M. Eltamaly, M. S. Al-Saud, Ahmed G. Abo-Khalil,” A Novel Bat Algorithm Strategy for Maximum Power Point Tracker of Photovoltaic Energy Systems Under Dynamic Partial Shading,” IEEE Access, Vol. 8, pp. 10048-1006, January 2020.
21. R. P. Praveen, Jose Therattil, Jenson Jose, Ahmed Abo-Khalil, Ali Alghamdi, GR Bindu, “ Hybrid Control of a Multi Area Multi Machine Power System with FACTS Devices using Non-linear Modelling,” IET Generation, Transmission & Distribution, Feb. 2020.
22. A. M. Eltamaly, M. S. Al-Saud, Ahmed G. Abo-Khalil,” Performance Improvement of PV Systems’ Maximum Power Point Tracker Based on a Scanning PSO Particle Strategy,” Sustainability 12 (3), 1185, Feb. 2020.
23. Ahmed G. Abo-Khalil, A. Alghamdi, I. Tlili, A, Eltamaly, “A. Current Controller Design for DFIG-based Wind Turbines Using State Feedback Control,” IET Renewable Power Generation, 13 (11), pp. 1938-1949, 2019.
24. Ahmed G. Abo-Khalil, A. S. Alghamdi, A. M. Eltamaly, M. S. Al-Saud, P. R. Praveen, K. Sayed,” Design of State Feedback Current Controller for Fast Synchronization of DFIG in Wind Power Generation Systems,” Energies 12 (12), pp. 2427, 2019.
25. Ahmed G. Abo-Khalil, Saeed Alyami, Khairy Sayed, Ayman Alhejji ,” Dynamic Modeling of Wind Turbines Based on Estimated Wind Speed under Turbulent Conditions,” Energies, 12(10), PP. 1907, 2019.
26. Ahmed G. Abo-Khalil, Saeed Alyami, A. B. Awan, Ayman Alhejji ,”Real-Time Reliability Monitoring of DC-Link Capacitors in Back-to-Back Converters,” Energies, 12(12), PP. 2396, 2109.
27. Ali M. Eltamaly, Mamdooh S Al-Saud, Ahmed G. Abo-Khalil, “Photovoltaic maximum power point tracking under dynamic partial shading changes by novel adaptive particle swarm optimization strategy” Transactions of the Institute of Measurement and Control, August, 2019.
28. MM Salah, Ahmed G. Abo-Khalil, RP Praveen, “ Wind Speed Characteristics and Energy Potential for Selected Sites in Saudi Arabia,” Journal of King Saud University-Engineering Sciences, Elseiver, 2019.
30. I. M. Alarifi, Ahmed G. Abo-Khalil, M Osman, LA Lund, MB Ayed, H Belmabrouk,”MHD flow and heat transfer over vertical stretching sheet with heat sink or source effect,” Symmetry 11 (3), 297, 2019.
31. I. Tlili, M. Osman, E. M. Barhomi, Praveen R. P., Ahmed G. Abo-khalil,”Performance enhancement of a humidification–dehumidification desalination system: A thermodynamic investigation,” Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry, 2019.
32. A. G. Abokhalil,” Grid Connection Control of DFIG for Variable Speed Wind Turbines under Turbulent Conditions,” International Journal of Renewable Energy Research (IJRER) 9 (3), pp. 1260-1271, 2019.
33. Ahmed G. Abo-Khalil, Ahmed B. Awan, and M. Zubair,” Performance analysis of various hybrid renewable energy systems using battery, hydrogen, and pumped hydro‐based storage units”, International Journal of Energy Research, 1-26, 2018.
34. Ahmed G. Abo-Khalil, Khairy Sayed,” A new soft switching PV module-integrated boost DC-DC converter”, the International Journal of Power Electronics, 1-17, July 2018.
35. Khairy Sayed, Ahmed G. Abokhalil, Ali S. Alghamdi ,” Control DC Microgrid Based Electric Vehicles Charging Station Powered by Renewable Energy Sources,” Energies, 12(22), 2019.
36. Ahmed G. Abo-Khalil et.al, " Comparative Study of Passive and Active Islanding Detection Methods for PV Grid-Connected Systems” Sustainability 10 (6), 1-15, 2018.
37. A Malik, Z Ali, AB Awan, Ahmed G. Abo-Khalil, GAS Sidhu “Achieving Cost Minimization and Fairness in Multi-Supplier Smart Grid Environment”, Energies 11 (6), 1367, 2018.
38. AB Awan, M Zubair, Ahmed G. Abo-Khalil, ” Solar energy resource analysis and evaluation of photovoltaic system performance in various regions of Saudi Arabia”,Sustainability 10 (4), 1129, 2018.
39. Muhammad Zubair , Ahmed Bilal Awan , Abdullah Al-Ahmadi, Ahmed G. Abo-Khalil” NPC Based Design Optimization for a Net Zero Office Building in Hot Climates with PV Panels as Shading Device”, energies 11, 20, 2018.
40. E. Barhomi, Ahmed G. Abo-Khalil, Y Berrouche, F Wurtz ,” Analysis and comparison of end effects in linear switched reluctance and hybrid motors”, Journal of Electrical Engineering 68 (2), 138-142, 2017.
41. Ahmed G. Abo-Khalil " Current Injection-Based DC-link Capacitacne Estimation Using Support Vector Regression " IET Journal of Power Electronics, Vol. 5, No. 1, Jan. 2012, PP. 53-58.
42. Ahmed G. Abo-Khalil " Synchronization of DFIG Output Voltage to Utility Grid in Wind Power System"" Elsevier Journal of Renewable Energy, Vol. 44, Sept. 2012, PP. 193-198.
43. Ahmed G. Abo-Khalil and D. C. Lee, “Maximum Power Point Tracking Based on Sensorless Wind Speed Using Support vector Regression,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 55, No. 3, March 2008.
44. Ahmed G. Abo-Khalil and D. C. Lee, " DC-Link Capaciance Estimation in AC/DC/ACPWM Converters using Voltage Injection," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Applications, Vol. 44, No. 5, Sept. 2008.