Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, University Malaya, Malaysia, Oct. 2014 (Fast Track Masters leading to Ph.D.)
Worked on the thesis titled “Effect of thermo physical properties on the energy & exergy efficiencies of flat plate solar collector using metal oxides and SWCNTs based nanofluids “,
Master of Engineering (Mechanical), University Malaya, Malaysia, Feb. 2011.
Thesis titled “Investigation on fundamental optical properties of nanofluids”
B.S. in Mechanical Engineering (Hons.), University Tenaga Nasional, Malaysia, Sept. 2008
Worked on the thesis titled “(SPT), Parametric Study of mixed convection heat transfer in a lid driven square cavity filled with nanofluids. “
American Degree Transfer Program (Liberal Arts) 2006-2007
Help University College, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Assistant Professor, Department of Sustainable and Renewable Energy Engineering (SREE), University of Sharjah, Sharjah, UAE
September, 2016 - Present
Project Lead, Line Scan Thermography, September. 2015 - Present.
Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, Masdar Institute, U.A.E., April. 2014 - Present.
Ph.D. Research Fellow, University Malaya, Malaysia, Feb, 2012- April, 2014.
Dept. of Mechanical Engineering.
Research Engineer, University Malaya, Malaysia, Nov. 2011 – Feb, 2012.
Dept. of Mechanical Engineering.
1. Thermography Inspection for Composite Parts. Collaborative research between Masdar Institute, Mubadala and Strata Manufacturing, U.A.E. On going
2014 – 2015
2. “Optimizing the thermal heat signature of vehicles operating in the UAE”, Collaborative research between Masdar Institute, Tawazun and Nimr, U.A.E. Leader for project under supervision of Prof. Mohammad A. Omar. Complete.
3. “NDT&E of Composites C/GFRP, Manufacturing and Usage related defects”, Collaborative research between Masdar Institute, Mubadala and Strata Manufacturing, U.A.E. Complete.
2012 - 2015
Solar Energy Group Lead
4. “Nano-fluids in Enhancing the performances of Heat Exchangers”, University Malaya, Fund (HIR), Solar group Leader under supervision of Prof. Dr. Saidur Rahman. Complete.
2011 - 2012
4. “Investigation on fundamental optical properties of nanofluids”, University Malaya funded by Ministry of Higher Education, Malaysia. Complete.
1. Z. Said, A. M. Sabiha, R. Saidur, N.A. Performance enhancement of a Flat Plate Solar collector using TiO2 nanofluid and Polyethylene Glycol dispersant. Journal of cleaner production 92 (2015): 343-353. (IF: 4.959)
2. Z. Said, R. Saidur, N.A. Rahim. Thermophysical properties of single wall carbon nanotube and its effect on thermal efficiency of a flat plate solar collector. Solar Energy, 115 (2015): 757-769. (IF: 3.469)
3. Said, Z., Sajid, M. H., Saidur, R., Mahdiraji, G. A., & Rahim, N. A. (2015). Evaluating the Optical Properties of TiO2 Nanofluid for a Direct Absorption Solar Collector. Numerical Heat Transfer, Part A: Applications, 67(9), 1010-1027. (IF: 1.975)
4. Sajid M, Said Z, Saidur R. Spotlight on available optical properties and models of nanofluids: A review. Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews, 43 (2015): 750-762. (IF: 5.901)
5. Z. Said, R. Saidur, M. A. Sabiha, A. Hepbasli, N.A. Rahim. Energy and exergy efficiency of a flat plate solar collector using pH treated Al2O3 nanofluid. Journal of Cleaner Production (2015). DOI:10.1016/j.jclepro.2015.07.115. (IF: 3.844)
6. M. A. Sabiha, R. Saidur, Z. Said, Saad Mekhilef. "Energy performance of an evacuated tube solar collector using single walled carbon nanotubes nanofluids." Energy Conversion and Management 105 (2015): 1377-1388. (IF: 4.380)
7. Said, Z., M. A. Alim, and Isam Janajreh. "Exergy efficiency analysis of a flat plate solar collector using graphene based nanofluid." IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering. Vol. 92. No. 1. IOP Publishing, 2015.