The Bachelor of Science and Master of Science in Sustainable and Renewable Energy Engineering Engineering programs are all accredited by the United Arab Emirates Ministry of Education, https://www.caa.ae.
The Sustainable and Renewable Energy Engineering Undergraduate Program at the University of Sharjah is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, https://www.abet.org
Continuous development of the quality of education is one of the most important elements of ABET accreditation. To achieve this, the scientific department sets specific and measurable goals, which students and graduates must achieve. Academic accreditation helps colleges and universities follow an organized global approach to assessing, developing, and improving the educational process, in addition to helping students and parents to choose colleges that provide high-quality education that enables graduates to obtain employment in government and private agencies, as well as to complete their postgraduate studies at the most prestigious universities.
Deliver education to produce high quality solution-oriented engineers in the various fields of sustainable and renewable energy, to engage in energy research and development of national and regional relevance, and to provide expert consultancy on energy issues.
Program Educational Objectives
Within few years post graduation, the Bachelor of Science in Sustainable and Renewable Energy Engineering graduates will:
- Pursue advanced education, research and development, and other creative and innovative efforts in science, engineering, and technology.
- Apply their engineering knowledge, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills in professional Sustainable and Renewable Energy Engineering practices.
- Participate as leaders in addressing the social, economic, and environmental issues involved in sustainable and renewable energy technologies.
- Identify and employ the best contemporary tools to propose effective solutions in the design of energy systems.
To prepare students for the above educational objectives, we have adopted the following set of student outcomes that describe what they are expected to attain when they graduate:
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Enrollment and Graduation Data