- 9/2016 – PRESENT : Chairman of the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, College Of Engineering, University Of Sharjah, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
- 2/2001 – PRESENT : Sharjah University, Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, Sharjah, UAE:
- Chairman of the Research Department under the office of the Vice Chancellor for Graduate Studies and Research , University Of Sharjah, Septemper , 2014
- Associate professor
- Acting Dean Of College Of Engineering, University Of Sharjah, July – August, 2011
- Teaching undergraduate courses such as Analogue and Digital Communications, , wireless communications, Computer Communications and Networking, Network Programming, Random Signal Theory, AC circuit analysis, Microprocessors and assembly language, Programmable logic controllers, and discrete mathematics.
- Teaching graduate courses such as communication system engineering, error control coding, and Mobile Computing
- Supervising many final year projects in the fields of digital communications, wireless system, Ad-Hoc Network, GPS, and Haptic Applications such as: GPS/GSM based bus tracking systems, PLC based plotters, GSM repeater, remote oscilloscope control, remote sensor, remote camera control, and many others.
- Supervising graduate thesis in the area of communications and networking, 4 graduated and three are underway.
- Involved in the following projects:
1- Network Analysis and Design of College/University – performance measurements.
2- Sniffer based network monitoring and protocol analysis.
3- Nortel and Cisco Routers/Switches control through web-based application developed in house.
4- Cisco Training for Trainers certificate.
5- Design and implement GSM repeaters, and Jammers.
6- Security and Power aware routing.
7- Design of secure MAC and Network Layer protocols.
8- Study the effect of different modulations on network performance.
9- Design of Car Black Box, which is to be supported by Etisalat.
10- Design of GPS based system for university busses tracking using Vehicle Tracker programmed in House to send Bus tracks and activities during its trip.
11- Design and Implementation of Auto attendance using RFID (Radio Frequency Identifications).
12- Design and Implementation of Assets Tracking using RFID.
13- Design and Implementation of Car Parking using RFID.
14- Use of PLC for adaptive Traffic Lights, BMS (Building Management Systems)
15- Train programmers and developers about remote lab designs with web-based applications, with HUT (Helsinki University Of Technology).
16- Several other projects.
- 2008 - 2010: Joseph Fourier, GIPSA lab , Grenoble France
1- Joint research project on “MAC protocol and MIMO” and “Sensor Networks and MIMO”
2- Joint book publication in the area of Software Defined Radio platform for Cognitive Radio
- 2002 – 2009: Helsinki University Of Technology, Helsinki, Finland.
Visiting professor:Teaching graduate course on “Web based Instrument and Process Monitoring and Control” , and “Industrial automation software design”
- 1999-2001: Ottawa University School Of Information Technology and Engineering, Ottawa, Canada.
Part Time professor:Teaching courses “Telecommunication software engineering”
- 9/1995 – 7/1997: Amman University, Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, Amman, Jordan
Assistant professor: Teaching undergraduate courses such as analogue and Digital Communications, Electronics measurements, Digital Systems, Computer Communications and Networking.Supervising many final year projects in the fields of digital systems, and electronics such as digital voltmeter, frequency counter, regulated DC power supply, and motor speed control.
- 10/1985 – 9/1995: Baghdad University, Electronics and Communication Engineering Dept., and Computer Engineering Dept., Baghdad, Iraq
Lecturer:Teaching undergraduate courses such as analogue and Digital Communications, Digital Systems, computer Architecture, Operating Systems, and microprocessor based systems.
1. Qassim Nasir, Enas khalil, "Experimental Evaluation of Haptic Data Communication with Prediction" Multimedia Tools and applications, Springer https://link.springer.com/journal/11042)
2. A. Salam, R. Sheriff, S. Al-Araji, K. Mezher and Q. Nasir, ,”Adaptive IMM-Kalman filter for multitaper spectrum sensing in cognitive radio”, IET electronic letters, 2018. IF=1.155 (A)
3. Novel Approach for Modeling Wireless Fading Channels Using a Finite State Markov Chain”, , A Abdul Salam, R Sheriff, S Al‐Araji, K Mezher, Q Nasir, ETRI Journal 39 (5), 718-728 2017, IF = 1.116 (A)
4. Qassim Nasir, ,”Behaviour of Fractional Loop Delay Zero Crossing Digital Phase Locked Loop (FD-ZCDPLL)”, International Journal of Electronics, pp 1-12, 8,2017 , IF = 0.729 (B)
5. Qassim Nasir, “ Fixed Point Iteration Chaos Controlled ZCDPLL Int. J. Communications, Network and System Sciences, 2016, 9, 535-544.
6. Ahmed Abdul Salam ; Ray Sheriff ; Saleh Al-Araji ; Kahtan Mezher ; Qassim nasir"A Multi-Taper Spectrum Based Estimator for Cognitive Radio Using Multiple Antennas and Space-Time Block Code Techniques" IET Circuits, Devices & Systems, 13 pp.
DOI: 10.1049/iet-cds.2016.0498 , Online ISSN 1751-8598 Available online: 16 November 2017. IF =1.09 (A)
7. “Spectrum Estimation in Cognitive Radio Based on MIMO-OFDM and Multi-taper Techniques” has successfully been submitted online and will be given full consideration for publication in IET Communications.
8. Qassim Nasir,” FIR Digital Filter based ZCDPLL for Carrier Recovery" International Journal Of Electronics 1 DOI: 0.1080/00207217.2015.1046501, Page 736-746 , 26 May 2015 IF = 0.729 (B)
9. Qassim Nasir, Zahraa A. Al-Mousa “Honeypots Aiding Network Forensics: Challenges and Notions”, Journal of Communications (JCM, ISSN: 1796-2021),Vol. 8, No. 11, November 2013, pp 700-707
10. Qassim Nasir, “Predictive FTF Adaptive Algorithm For Mobile Channels Estimation”, International Journal of Communications, Network and System Sciences (IJCNS), Vol. 5, No. 9, pp 569-578, 2012.
11. Qassim Nasir, Hadi Abduleedha “High Security Nested PWLCM Chaotic map bit-level permutation based Image encryption”, International Journal of Communications, Network and System Sciences (IJCNS), Vol. 5, No. 9, pp 548-556, 2012.
1. Qassim Nasir, “Software Defined Radio platform for Cognitive Radio”, a chapter in a book on Advanced Cognitive Radio Network, Scientific Research Publishing (SRP), ISBN: 978-1-935068-74-7,2011
2. Qassim Nasir, “ MIMO Aware Mobile Ad Hoc Networks”, Chapter in "Advanced MIMO
Systems," Scientific Research Publishing (SRP), Editors: B. Zhou & K. Raoof, 2009
3. S. Harous, M, Q. Nasir . “"Routing Algorithms for Mobile Ad hoc Networks", a chapter in the Handbook of Research in Mobile Multimedia, 2nd edition 2008, (http://www.igi-global.com/reference/details.asp?ID=8219.
REFEREED CONFERENCE AND WORKSHOP PROCEEDING
1. Qassim Nasir, “Patch antenna performance improvement using circular slots”, 2017 International Conference on Wireless Networks and Mobile Communications (WINCOM)
Pages: 1 – 5, 1-4 Nov, 2017, Rabat, Morocco, Morocco
2. Alya Al-Hafri; Hamda Ali; Amer Ghias; Qassim Nasir, “Transformer-less based solid state transformer for intelligent power management” 2016 5th International Conference on Electronic Devices, Systems and Applications (ICEDSA).Year: 2016,Pages: 1 – 4
3. Hanan Alobaidli , Qassim Nasir , Asif Iqbal , Mario Guimaraes , “Challenges of Cloud Log Forensics” Proceeding ACM SE '17 Proceedings of the South East Conference Pages 227-230 , Kennesaw, GA, USA — April 13 - 15, 2017
4. Ahmed O Abdul Salam; Ray E. Sheriff, Saleh R. Al-Araji; Kahtan Mezher ;Qassim Nasir;;“Assessment on Using Multitaper and Higher-Order STBC Techniques for Spectrum Estimation in Cognitive Radio”, The 2017 IEEE 86th Vehicular Technology Conference will be held 24–27 September 2017 in Toronto, Canada.
5. Ahmed O Abdul Salam; Saleh R. Al-Araji; Qassim Nasir; Kahtan Mezher; Ray E. Sheriff,”A general perspective on software-hardware defined cognitive radio based on emergency ad-hoc network topology”, Humanitarian Technology Conference - (IHTC), 2014 IEEE Canada International,Year: 2014, Pages: 1 - 6, DOI: 10.1109/IHTC.2014.7147521
6. Ahmed O. Abdul Salam; Ray E. Sheriff; Saleh R. Al-Araji; Kahtan Mezher;Qassim Nasir, “An overview on non-parametric spectrum sensing in cognitive radio”, Computer Engineering & Systems (ICCES), 2014 9th International Conference on Year: 2014 Pages: 14 - 19, DOI: 10.1109/ICCES.2014.7030919 IEEE Conference Publications
7. Ahmed O. Abdul Salam, Ray E. Sheriff, Saleh R. Al-Araji, Kahtan A. Mezher, Qassim Nasir: “Automatic Modulation Classification in Cognitive Radio Using Multiple Antennas and Maximum-Likelihood Techniques”, 15th IEEE International Conference on Computer and Information Technology, CIT 2015; 14th IEEE International Conference on Ubiquitous Computing and Communications, IUCC 2015; 13th IEEE International Conference on Dependable, Autonomic and Secure Computing, DASC 2015; 13th IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Intelligence and Computing, PICom 2015, Liverpool, United Kingdom, October 26-28, 2015. IEEE 2015, ISBN 978-1-5090-0154-5: 1-5
8. Ahmed O. Abdul Salam, Ray E. Sheriff, Saleh R. Al-Araji, Kahtan A. Mezher, Qassim Nasir: A unified practical approach to modulation classification in cognitive radio using likelihood-based techniques. IEEE 28th Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering, CCECE 2015, Halifax, NS, Canada, May 3-6, 2015. IEEE 2015, ISBN 978-1-4799-5827-6: 1024-1029
9. Ahmed O. Abdul Salam, Ray E. Sheriff, Saleh R. Al-Araji, Kahtan A. Mezher, Qassim Nasir: Multi-taper and MIMO techniques for spectrum sensing in cognitive radio. 2015 IEEE International Conference on Electronics, Circuits, and Systems, ICECS 2015, Cairo, Egypt, December 6-9, 2015. IEEE 2015, ISBN 978-1-5090-0246-7: 173-178
10. Houcem Gazzah, Qassim Nasir, ”Multiple Antenna System for Smart Base Stations with Adaptive Direction of reception” 2015 IEEE International Black Sea Conference on Communications and Networking. May 18-21 2015 in Constanta, Romania
11. Zahraa A. Al-Mousa, Qassim Nasir,” cl-CIDPS: A Cloud Computing Based Cooperative Intrusion Detection and Prevention System Framework”, International Conference on Future Networks Systems and Security 2015 ('FNSS 2015') , June 11-13, 2015 Paris, France.
12. Qassim Nasir, Kahtan A. Mezher“ Time to Digital Conversion Zero Crossing DPLL (TDC-ZCDPLL)”, 2015 International Conference on Information and Communication Technology Research (ICTRC2015), Abu Dhabi, UAE
13. Ahmed O. Abdul Salam, Saleh R. Al-Araji, Qassim Nasir ,Kahtan A. Mezher, Ray E. Sheriff, : “A general perspective on software-hardware defined cognitive radio based on emergency ad-hoc network topology”, Humanitarian Technology Conference - (IHTC), 2014 IEEE Canada International, 1-4 June 2014,pp 1-6, Montreal, QC.
14. Ahmed O. Abdul Salam, Ray E. Sheriff, Saleh R. Al-Araji, Kahtan A. Mezher, Qassim Nasir: “An Overview on Non-Parametric Spectrum Sensing in Cognitive Radio”, The 9th IEEE International Conference on Computer Engineering and Systems (ICCES 2014), At Cairo, Egypt, DOI: 10.1109/ICCES.2014.7030919 , Dec. 2014.
15. Qassim Nasir, Zahraa A. Al-Mousa “Honeypots Aiding Network Forensics: Challenges and Notions”, The 15th International Conference on Advanced Communications Technology, ICCNS 2013, Nov 16-18 2013, London, UK
1. Qassim Nasir , Saad Harous and Mohamed AlDubai “Energy aware Multi-path Dynamic Source Routing in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks” 2006
2. Qassim Nasir, Saad Harous and Rasheeda Ali “QoS aware Multi-path Dynamic Source Routing in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks” 2006.
3. Qassim Nasir and Maali Shyaa “Adaptive Back off and its implementation using Linux with Etheros WLAN card which support varying backoff – Writing a new Linux driver to support the proposed algorithm. 2007
4. Qassim Nasir, Ahmed El Wakil and Asma Abid, “Implementation of Chaotic Encryption in Wireless Voice Communication Systems” on TI – Chipcon CC1100 wireless kit with a double nested chaos map for pseudo true binary number generator , 2008
5. Qassim Nasir and Enas Khalil, “Predictive Application Layer Protocols for Haptic Collaboration”, 2014
6. Qassim Nasir and Zahra Al-Mousa,”cl-CIDPS: A Cloud Computing Based Cooperative Intrusion Detection and Prevention System Framework”, 2015
7. Qassim Nasir, and Hanan Al-Obaidli , ”Improved logging infrastructure for cloud Digital Forensics”, 2016
8. Qassim Nasir, and Hamda Hassan, “Secure Monitoring and controlling of smart enabled solid state transformer in smart power grid”, 2016
9. Qassim Nasir, Manar Abu Taleb, Ahmed Alketbi, “Blockchain Information Security Assurance Framework for Smart Government Services”, 2017. PhD
10. Qassim Nasir, Fikri Dweiri, Jasim Buosaibah Al Ali, “Business Continuity Management Framework of Internet of Things (IoT)”, 2017, PhD
11. Qassim Nasir, Manar Abu Taleb , Nafisa Abdelmutalab Ali Ahmed , “Program-Flow Attestation of the IoT Systems Software “, 2017
12. Qassim Nasir, Manar Abu Taleb , Rawhi Nasser Alrae “Information Quality Framework for Internet of Things (IoT) using Blockchain “, 2018, PhD