1. D. Mahoro Ntwari, D. Gutierrez-Reina, S. Toral, H.Tawfik.
Time Efficient Unmanned Aircraft Systems Deployment in Disaster Scenarios Using Clustering Methods and a Set Cover Approach, Electronics (MDPI), 10(4), 422, 2021
2. AR Javed, M Sarwar, M Beg, M Asim, T Baker, H Tawfik
A collaborative healthcare framework for shared healthcare plan with ambient intelligence. Human-centric Computing and Information Sciences, Springer, V10, No.40, 2020.
3. Y Kotb, I Al Ridhawi I; M Aloqaily, T Baker, Y Jararweh, H Tawfik
Cloud-Based Multi-Agent Cooperation for IoT Devices Using Workflow-Nets.
Grid Computing; Pp 1-26; June 2019.
4. DG Reina, H Tawfik, SL Toral
Multi-subpopulation evolutionary algorithms for coverage deployment of UAV-networks. Ad Hoc Networks Vol.68, pp16-32, Elsevier, 2018.
5. D Tian, J Deng, G Vinod,T Santhosh, H Tawfik
A Constraint-based Genetic Algorithm for Optimizing Neural Network Architectures for Detection of Loss of Coolant Accidents of Nuclear Power Plants, Neurocomputing, Vol. 322, pp102-119, Elsevier, 2018.
6. T. Baker, B. Al-Dawsari, Y. Ngoko, H. Tawfik, and D.Reid. “GreeDi: Energy Efficient Routing Algorithm for Big Data on Cloud”. AD HOC Netwoks Journal, Elsevier, Volume 35, Pages 83–96, 2015.
7. H Tawfik and O. Anya, “Evaluating Practice-centred Awareness in Cross-boundary TeleHealth Decision Support Systems”, Telematics and Informatics Journal, Elsevier, Volume 32, pp. 486-503, 2015.
8. H Tawfik, O. Anya, and A. K. Nagar, “Understanding Clinical Work Practices for Cross-boundary Decision Support in e-Health”, IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in BioMedicine”, Volume 16, issue 4, pp530-41, July 2012.
9. R. Ghazali, , A. Hussain, , P. Liatsis, H. Tawfik, The application of ridge polynomial neural network to multi-step ahead financial time series prediction; Neural Computing & Applications, Vol. 17, No. 3., pp. 311-323, June 2008.
10. A. R Soltani, H Tawfik, JY Goulermas & T Fernando. Path planning in construction sites: performance evaluation of the Dijkstra, A* and GA search. Advanced Engineering Informatics, Elsevier, vol.16 (4), pp. 291-303, 2002.
Theses and Projects Supervision
1. Thesis title : Machine Learning Applications for Obesity management, Leeds Beckett University, 2021.
2. Thesis title: Investigating Pilot Responses to In-Flight Startle in Simulator Based General Aviation Training, Leeds Beckett University, 2020.
3. Thesis title: Investigating the Role of Awareness for the Management of Information Systems Security, Leeds Beckett University, 2017.
4. Thesis title: Neural Network design and architecture for predicting short- and medium-term exchange rate time series”, Leeds Beckett University, 2016.
5. Thesis title: A culturally-aware system design approach for Health informatics”, Liverpool Hope University, 2016.
6. Thesis Title: “Designing Context-Aware e-Health Systems for Cross-Boundary Clinical Decision Support: A Practice-Centred Approach”, University of Liverpool, 2013.
7. Thesis Title: “Extending Association Rule Mining”, Liverpool University, 2011.
8. Thesis Title: “Internet Flow Control and Traffic Management Algorithms for Performance and Fairness Guarantees”, G. Abbass, Liverpool University, 2010.
9. Thesis Title: “Bi-directional Two-Handed Interaction in Virtual Assembly Environments “, K. Tan, University of Salford, 2007.
10. Thesis Title: “Multi-objective Intelligent Transportation system in Construction sites“, University of Salford, 2004.