• Ph.D. in Medical Image and Signal Processing, 2000, Control System Center, University of Manchester (UMIST), UK
Thesis: Polynomial Neural Networks and Applications to Image Compression and Signal Prediction
• MSc. In Control and Information Technology, 1997, Control System Center, University of Manchester (UMIST), UK
Dissertation: Fractal Simulation of Material Damage Accumulation in Cellulosic Fibres
• B.S.Eng. (Hons) in Electronic Computer Systems, 1st class degree, 1995, Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering, University of Salford, UK
• LivingLens- LJMU KTP (PI), “The analysis of LivingLens data Using Data Science Approaches”, £318,000
• Royal Academy of Engineering, Newton Research Collaboration Programme- RCP1617/5/67, (PI), “A Data Science Approach for the Detection of Variable Light Sources in Uneven Time-Domain Astronomy”, (2016-2017), £6000
WarnDry Phase 2 SBRI (CI): “The development of prediction system for the detection of bed wetting in children”, (2015- 2016), this is a £1,000,000 funding with £102,775 Liverpool John Moores University share.
. R Al-Shabandar, A Jaddoa, P Liatsis, AJ Hussain, (2021), “A deep gated recurrent neural network for petroleum production forecasting”, Machine Learning with Applications, 3, 100013.
. W Khan, A Hussain, SA Khan, M Al-Jumailey, R Nawaz, P Liatsis, (2021), “Analysing the impact of global demographic characteristics over the COVID-19 spread using class rule mining and pattern matching”, Royal Society Open Science, 8 (1), 201823.
. JK Alwan, AJ Hussain, DH Abd, AT Sadiq, M Khalaf, P Liatsis, (2021), “Political Arabic Articles Orientation Using Rough Set Theory with Sentiment Lexicon”, IEEE Access.
. R. Nooripour, S. Hosseinian, A. J. Hussain, M. Annabestani, A. Maadal, L. E Radwin, P. Hassani-Abharian, N.G. Pirkashani, A. Khoshkonesh, 2021, “How Resiliency and Hope Can Predict Stress of Covid-19 by Mediating Role of Spiritual Well-being Based on Machine Learning”, Journal of religion and health, pp. 1-16.
. H Alaskar, AJ Hussain, W Khan, H Tawfik, P Trevorrow, P Liatsis, Z Sbaï, 2020, “A data science approach for reliable classification of neuro-degenerative diseases using gait patterns”, Journal of Reliable Intelligent Environments, 6 (4), pp. 233-247.
. Wasiq Khan, Abir J. Hussain, Haya Alaskar, Thar Baker, Fawaz Ghali, A Dhiya, Ahmed Al-Shamma'a, 2020,” Prediction of Flood Severity Level via Processing IoT Sensor Data Using a Data Science Approach” IEEE Internet of Things Magazine, 3 (4), pp. 10-15.
. N. Kleanthous, A. J. Hussain, W. Khan, P. Liatsis, (2020) “A new machine learning based approach to predict Freezing of Gait”, Pattern Recognition Letters, Volume 140, Pages 119-126, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.patrec.2020.09.011.