The Bachelor of Science, Master of Science, and Doctor of Philosophy in Electrical Engineering programs are all accredited by the United Arab Emirates Ministry of Education, https://www.caa.ae.
The Bachelor of Science in Electrical and Electronics Engineering is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of ABET, https://www.abet.org
Program Educational Objectives
The program's educational objectives are:
- Play a leading role
in academia or industry through solid electrical engineering knowledge and
effective teamwork and communication skills.
- Pursue quality
engineering practice and/or research to solve modern problems taking into
consideration national and regional needs.
- Advance their professional career and demonstrate a high sense of ethical and social responsibility.
Upon successful completion of the B.Sc. Electrical and Electronics Engineering program, a student will be able to :
- Identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- Apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- Communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- Describe ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- Function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- Develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- Apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies