- 2020-Present: Associate Professor, Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering, University of Sharjah, UAE.
- 2017-2020: Assistant Professor, Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering, University of Sharjah, UAE.
- 2014 to 2016: Director of Soil Mechanics and Foundation Laboratory, Mansoura University, Egypt.
- 2012-2017: Assistant Professor, Department of Structural Engineering, Mansoura University, Egypt.
- 2011-2012: Postdoctoral Fellow, Arizona State University, USA.
1- Using Microbial Inspired Techniques to Improve the Geotechnical Properties of Sand Dunes in UAE,
Principal Investigator, University of Sharjah-Targeted Research Grant (2019) 152,600 AED/ 3 years
2- Using Enzyme Induced Calcite Precipitation (EICP) to control dust in UAE
Principal Investigator, Sharjah Research Academy-Collaborative Research Grant (2019) 120,000 AED/ 2 years
3- Using Alkali-Activated Binders to Improve UAE Sabkha Approval Soils.
Principal Investigator, University of Sharjah- Competitive Research Grant (2019) 79,000 AED/ 2 years
4- Using Sodium Alginate Biopolymer as Soil Reinforcement Technique.
Principal Investigator, University of Sharjah- Seed Research Grant (2018) 40,000 AED/ 2 years
5- Advanced Characterization of Dynamic Soils Properties in UAE for Enhanced Civil Infrastructures Design.
Co-Principal Investigator, University of Sharjah- Collaborative Research Grant (2020) 196,000AED/ 3 years
6- Management of Load Transfer to Underground Structures by Using Geocell Soil Reinforcement.
Co-Principal Investigator, University of Sharjah- Collaborative Research Grant (2017) 80,000AED/ 2 years
7- Analysis of Waste Quantities and composition in Kafr-El-Sheikh Governorate.
Principal Investigator, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) (2012) 90,000EGP/ 1 years
8- The Enhancement of the capabilities of Mansoura Geotechnical Laboratory to meet the requirements of the ISO-17025.
Principal Investigator, Higher education institutions’ labs accreditation project (HLAP) (2013) 1,500,000 EGP / 3 years
9- The Enhancement of the capabilities of Mansoura Pavement Laboratory to meet the requirements of the ISO-17025.
Co-Principal Investigator, Higher education institutions’ labs accreditation project (HLAP) (2015) 1,400,000 EGP / 3 years
10- Exchange of Experience on The Preservation of Historic and Old Water Masonry Structures..
Co-Principal Investigator, PEOPLE MARIE CURIE ACTION- FP7-PEOPLE 2010-IRSES (2011) 100,000 EUR / 3 years
1. Alotaibi, E., Omar, M., Shanableh, A., Zeiada, W., Fattah, M. Y., Tahmaz, A., and Arab, M. G. (2021). “Geogrid bridging over existing shallow flexible PVC buried pipe–Experimental study.” Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, 113, 103945.
2. Alotaibi, E., Mostafa, O., Nassif, N., Omar, M., and Arab, M. G. (2021). “Prediction of Punching Shear Capacity for Fiber-Reinforced Concrete Slabs Using Neuro-Nomographs Constructed by Machine Learning.” Journal of Structural Engineering, 147(6), 04021075.
3. Arab, M. G., Omar, M., Almajed, A., Elbaz, Y., and Ahmed, A. H. (2021). “Hybrid technique to produce bio-bricks using enzyme-induced carbonate precipitation (EICP) and sodium alginate biopolymer” Construction and Building Materials, 284, 122846.
4. Arab, M. G., Rohy, H., Zeiada, W., Almajed, A., and Omar, M. (2021) “One-Phase EICP Biotreatment of Sand Exposed to Various Environmental Conditions” Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, 33(3), 04020489.
5. Lemboye, K., Almajed, A., Alnuaim, A., Arab, M., and Alshibli, K. (2021) “Improving sand wind erosion resistance using renewable agriculturally derived biopolymers” Aeolian Research, 49, 100663.
6. Almajed, A., Abbas, H., Arab, M., Alsabhan, A., Hamid, W., and Al-Salloum, Y. (2020) “Enzyme-Induced Carbonate Precipitation (EICP)-Based methods for ecofriendly stabilization of different types of natural sands” Journal of Cleaner Production, 274, 122627.
7. Arab, M. G., Alzara, M., Zeiada, W., Omar, M., & Azam, A. (2020) “Combined effect of compaction level and matric suction conditions on flexible pavement performance using construction and demolition waste” Construction and Building Materials, 261, 119792.
8. Arab, M. G., Abdelmoghni, M., Akl, S. A., and Dif, A. (2020) “Numerical Modeling of Unfavorable CFA Pile Drilling Conditions” Geotechnical and Geological Engineering, 38(6), 6869-6889.
9. Abdallah, M., Arab, M. G., Shabib, A., El-Sherbiny, R., & El-Sheltawy, S. (2020). Characterization and sustainable management strategies of municipal solid waste in Egypt. Clean Technologies and Environmental Policy, 1-13.
10. Ashour, M., Alaaeldin, A. and Arab, M. G. (2020). Laterally Loaded Battered Piles in Sandy Soils. Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering (ASCE), 146(1), 06019017.
11. Arab, M. G., Mousa, R. A., Gabr, A. R., Azam, A. M., El-Badawy, S. M., & Hassan, A. F. (2018) “Resilient Behavior of Sodium Alginate–Treated Cohesive Soils for Pavement Applications” Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, ASCE, 31(1), 04018361.
12. Kavazanjian, E., Wu, X., Arab, M. G., & Matasovic, N. (2018) “Development of a numerical model for performance-based design of geosynthetic liner systems” Geotextiles and Geomembranes, 46(2), 166-182. (This paper received the 2018 Best Paper Award “Honorable Mention” by the geotextiles and geomembranes editorial board)