The Bachelor of Science, Master of Science, and Doctor of Philosophy in Civil Engineering programs are all accredited by the United Arab Emirates Ministry of Education, https://www.caa.ae.
The Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of ABET, https://www.abet.org
Program Educational Objectives:
The Civil Engineering Program at the University of Sharjah will produce graduates who, within few years post-graduation:
- Are prepared to practice the civil engineering profession responsibly for the benefit of the community.
- Will achieve, upon few years of practice, levels of technical knowledge and professional expertise necessary for career advancement and assuming leadership positions in the Civil Engineering profession.
- Will pursue scientific inquiry and lifelong learning opportunities, such as self- directed learning, graduate studies, participation in professional activities, and continuing education.
The graduate of Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering will have:
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.