The Bachelor of Science in Chemical and Water Desalination program is initially accredited by the United Arab Emirates Ministry of Education, https://www.caa.ae.
Program Educational Objectives:
Within a few years post-graduation, the Bachelor of Science in Chemical and Water Desalination Engineering graduates will:
- Produce highly qualified and competent graduates in the field of chemical and water desalination engineering.
- Promote quality research and disseminate knowledge.
- The Graduated are expected to participate effectively in the community services related to the chemical and water sectors.
Upon the successful completion of the program, students should be able to:
- Identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- Apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- Communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- Determine ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- Function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- Develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- Apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Enrollment and Graduation Data
For a breakdown of enrollment and degrees awarded, click Enrollment and Graduation Data
for more information.