- 2/2001 – PRESENT : Sharjah University, Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, Sharjah, UAE:
- Chairman of the Research Department under the office of the Vice Chancellor for Graduate Studies and Research , University Of Sharjah, Septemper , 2014
- Associate professor
- Acting Dean Of College Of Engineering, University Of Sharjah, July – August, 2011
- Teaching undergraduate courses such as Analogue and Digital Communications, , wireless communications, Computer Communications and Networking, Network Programming, Random Signal Theory, AC circuit analysis, Microprocessors and assembly language, Programmable logic controllers, and discrete mathematics.
- Teaching graduate courses such as communication system engineering, error control coding, and Mobile Computing
- Supervising many final year projects in the fields of digital communications, wireless system, Ad-Hoc Network, GPS, and Haptic Applications such as: GPS/GSM based bus tracking systems, PLC based plotters, GSM repeater, remote oscilloscope control, remote sensor, remote camera control, and many others.
- Supervising graduate thesis in the area of communications and networking, 4 graduated and three are underway.
- Involved in the following projects:
1- Network Analysis and Design of College/University – performance measurements.
2- Sniffer based network monitoring and protocol analysis.
3- Nortel and Cisco Routers/Switches control through web-based application developed in house.
4- Cisco Training for Trainers certificate.
5- Design and implement GSM repeaters, and Jammers.
6- Security and Power aware routing.
7- Design of secure MAC and Network Layer protocols.
8- Study the effect of different modulations on network performance.
9- Design of Car Black Box, which is to be supported by Etisalat.
10- Design of GPS based system for university busses tracking using Vehicle Tracker programmed in House to send Bus tracks and activities during its trip.
11- Design and Implementation of Auto attendance using RFID (Radio Frequency Identifications).
12- Design and Implementation of Assets Tracking using RFID.
13- Design and Implementation of Car Parking using RFID.
14- Use of PLC for adaptive Traffic Lights, BMS (Building Management Systems)
15- Train programmers and developers about remote lab designs with web-based applications, with HUT (Helsinki University Of Technology).
16- Several other projects.
- 2008 - 2010: Joseph Fourier, GIPSA lab , Grenoble France
1- Joint research project on “MAC protocol and MIMO” and “Sensor Networks and MIMO”
2- Joint book publication in the area of Software Defined Radio platform for Cognitive Radio
- 2002 – 2009: Helsinki University Of Technology, Helsinki, Finland.
Visiting professor:Teaching graduate course on “Web based Instrument and Process Monitoring and Control” , and “Industrial automation software design”
- 1999-2001: Ottawa University School Of Information Technology and Engineering, Ottawa, Canada.
Part Time professor:Teaching courses “Telecommunication software engineering”
- 9/1995 – 7/1997: Amman University, Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, Amman, Jordan
Assistant professor: Teaching undergraduate courses such as analogue and Digital Communications, Electronics measurements, Digital Systems, Computer Communications and Networking.Supervising many final year projects in the fields of digital systems, and electronics such as digital voltmeter, frequency counter, regulated DC power supply, and motor speed control.
- 10/1985 – 9/1995: Baghdad University, Electronics and Communication Engineering Dept., and Computer Engineering Dept., Baghdad, Iraq
Lecturer:Teaching undergraduate courses such as analogue and Digital Communications, Digital Systems, computer Architecture, Operating Systems, and microprocessor based systems.
- Qassim Nasir, Zahraa A. Al-Mousa “Honeypots Aiding Network Forensics: Challenges and Notions”, Journal of Communications (JCM, ISSN: 1796-2021),Vol. 8, No. 11, November 2013, pp 700-707
- Qassim Nasir, “Predictive FTF Adaptive Algorithm For Mobile Channels Estimation”, International Journal of Communications, Network and System Sciences (IJCNS), Vol. 5, No. 9, pp 569-578, 2012.
- Qassim Nasir, Hadi Abduleedha “High Security Nested PWLCM Chaotic map bit-level permutation based Image encryption”, International Journal of Communications, Network and System Sciences (IJCNS), Vol. 5, No. 9, pp 548-556, 2012.
- Qassim Nasir and Saleh Al-Araji ,” Linearized Phase Detector Zero Crossing DPLL Performance Evaluation in Faded Mobile Channels”, Circuits and Systems, Vol2. No. 3, pp139-144, DOI: 10.4236/cs.2011.23021
- Qassim Nasir, “Software Defined Radio (SDR) platform for Cognitive Radio”, a chapter in a book on Cognitive Radio, Scientific Research Publishing (SRP), Editors: K. Raoof, 2010, in press.
- Asma Abid, Qassim Nasir, and Ahmed Elwakil, “Implementation of an Encrypted Wireless Communication System using Nested Chaotic Maps”, Int. J. Bifurcation and Chaos, Vol.20, No.12, pp4087-4096,2010 DOI : 1O.1142/S0218127410027957,
- Qassim Nasir, “ MIMO Aware Mobile Ad Hoc Networks”, Chapter in "Advanced MIMO
- Systems," Scientific Research Publishing (SRP), Editors: B. Zhou & K. Raoof, 2009
- Qassim Nasir, and Saleh Al-Araji, “Performance Analysis Of Zero Crossing DPLL with Linearized Phase detector”, International Journal Of Information and Communication Technology, Vol.1, No.3, 2009
- Qassim Nasir,” True Random Bit Generator using ZCDPLL based on TMS320C6416”, International Journal Of Communications, Networks, and System Sciences, Vol.2, No.4, pp258—266, July 2009.
- Qassim Nasir and Maali Albalt,” Adaptive Backoff Algorithm for IEEE 802.11 MAC Protocol”, International Journal Of Communications, Networks, and System Sciences, Vol.2, No.4, pp293—299,July 2009.
REFEREED CONFERENCE AND WORKSHOP PROCEEDING PUBLICATION:
- Qassim Nasir, Zahraa A. Al-Mousa “Honeypots Aiding Network Forensics: Challenges and Notions”, The 15th International Conference on Advanced Communications Technology, ICCNS 2013, Nov 16-18 2013, London, UK
- Saleh Al-Araji , Khatan Mezher, and Qassim Nasir “First-Order Digital Phase Lock Loop with Continuous Locking”, CICSyN2013, 5th International Conference on Computational Intelligence, Communication Systems and Networks, pp. 414-417, Madrid, 5-7 June 2013
- Zahra Al Mousa, Qassim Nasir, “Honeypots Aiding Network Forensics: Installation and Analysis within the UAE”, The UAE Forum on Information and Communication Technology Research 2013 (ICTRF2013), May 12-13, 2013,Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Hanan Al-Obaidli 1, Qasim Nasir Network Infrastructures Aiding the Investigations of Network Forensics, ”, The UAE Forum on Information and Communication Technology Research 2013 (ICTRF2013), May 12-13, 2013,Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Houcem Gazzah, Qassim Nasir, “Enhanced Soft Decoding of Multi-Carrier Systems for Delay Sensitive Applications”, The 15th International Conference on Advanced Communications Technology, ICACT 2013, Jan 27-30 2013, Phoenix Park, PyeongChang, S. Korea
- Qassim Nasir, Enas Khalil, “ Perception Based Adaptive Haptic Communication Protocol (PAHCP)”, The 1st IEEE International Conference on Computer Systems and Industrial Informatics (ICCSII'12), 18-20 Dec 2012, Dubai , UAE
- Hadi Abduleedha, Qassim Nasir , “Low Complexity High Security Image Encryption Based on Nested PWLCM Chaotic Map”, The 6th International Conference for Internet Technology and Secured Transactions (ICITST-2011) , 11-14 December 2011 , Dubai , UAE.
- Qassim Nasir, Kasim Rashid, “Predictive FBLMS Adaptive Algorithm for Tracking Mobile Channels”, First International Conference on Future Communication Networks (ICFCN-2012), Baghdad, Iraq, April 3-5, 2012.
- Alothman T., Kamel K., Danan Y., Nasir Q., "Mobile Based Arabic Sign Language Interpreter using Fuzzy Trees ",Fourth Annual Conference on Undergraduate Research on Applied Computing (URC2012). April 18 - 19, 2012.
- Kamel K., Alothman T.,Danan Y., Nasir Q.,"Instrumented Arabic Sign Language Interpreter on Android platform", The Eighth International Conference on Innovations in Information Technology (Innovations'12). March 18 - 20, 2012
- Qassim Nasir, Saleh Al-Araji, “Performance Evaluation of Sigma Delta Zero Crossing DPLL”, The IEEE International Conference on Electronics, Circuits, and Systems (ICECS) 2011, Beirut, Lebanon, December 11-14, 2011
- Qassim Nasir, Asmaa Abid, and A. S. Elwakil,” Experimental validation of Pseudo True Random Number Generation and Synchronization using Nested Linear Chaotic Maps based on TMS320C6416“, 1st International Conference on Pervasive and Embedded Computing and Communication Systems , Algarve, Portugal 2011.
- Qassim Nasir, and Malli Ab-Balt,” Linux-based Testbed for an improved IEEE 802.11 backoff algorithm”, 2010 IEEE International Conference on Communications and Mobile Computing CMC2010, Shenzhen, China, April 12-14, 2010
- Asmaa Abid, Qassim Nasir and A. S. Elwakil," Implementation of a Chaotically Encrypted Wireless Communication System", International Conference on Communications 2009 (ICC'09), June 14-18,, 2009, Dresden – Germany
- Qassim Nasir, Maali Albalt, “A novel Backoff algorithm for IEEE 802.11 Networks”, The 2009 International conference On Networking, Sensing and Control, Okayama City, Japan, March 26-29, 2009