Date: 10th to 12th of April 2021
The rapidly changing world is pushing towards a fundamental shift in the engineering profession. Globalization, environmental issues, sustainability, smart technology, and cyber-communication are all demanding a broader set of skills than the traditional engineering skills. The highly interdisciplinary nature of the newly evolving technology requires stronger collaboration between all engineering disciplines. Along the same lines, we are pleased to announce a three-day Symposium covering Recent Challenges and Opportunities of Engineering & Business Management Systems part of the
Joint Research Week Between Colleges of Engineering and Business Administration
hosted by University of Sharjah.
The deanships of the College of Engineering and the College of Business Administration are encouraging graduate students to present their research work and share new ideas. The attendance is compulsory for all PhD and MSc students who finished their thesis proposal in the two colleges to present their ongoing research. The main objectives of the symposium are:
- To create a venue for interdisciplinary collaboration between graduate students, faculty and professionals from different disciplines in an atmosphere of educational excellence.
- To explore research ideas and solutions, and share best practices among students, faculty and professionals from the industry.
- To discuss the current situation, challenges, and advancements of the graduate students in relation to their research work.
- The faculty in the College of Engineering and College of Business Administration will serve as judges to evaluate students' presentations within their respective disciplines. The three-day Symposium will be concluded with awards for the best research papers / presentations.
- The event is compulsory to all graduate students and it is part of their academic studies.
The tracks of the Symposium include but not limited to all aspects of engineering, engineering management, and business administration.
Extended version of high-quality papers is going to be published in a Special Issue of a Q2 journal. This special issue invites both theoretical and empirical papers within the discipline of engineering, engineering management, and business administration.
|1.||Prof. Ahmed Al-Shammaa||Dean|
|2.||Prof. Khalil Abdelrazek||Assistant to the Dean for Graduate Studies|
|3.||Prof. Samer A. Barakat||Member (CEE)|
|4.||Prof. Abdul Ghani Olabi||Member (SREE)|
|5.||Prof. Muataz Ali||Member (MNE)|
|6.||Prof. Ramesh Bansal||Member (EE)|
|7.||Prof. Ghazi Gaseem Al-Khateeb||Coordinator|
|8.||Dr. Fikri T. Dweiri||Member (IEEM)|
|10.||Dr. Md Mamun Ur Rashid||Member (AE)|
|11.|| Dr. Sharafuddin Ahmed||IEEM Member|
| 12.||Dr. Panagiotis Zervopoulos||BA Member BA Member (College of Business Administration)|
| 13.||Dr. Azaddin Khalifa||BA Member BA Member (College of Business Administration)|
| 14.||Dr. Mohamed Mohamed Battour||BA Member (College of Business Administration)|
|15.||Eng. Nuha Awad Adam||Member|
|16.||Eng. Rola Jamal Abu Farha||Member|
- Abstract submission: March 23rd, 2021
- Abstract acceptance: March 28th, 2021
- Extended abstract submission: April 5th, 2021
- Full paper submission: June 1st of 2021
- Publication date: August 2021
An update regarding online paper submission will be posted in the College of Engineering and College of Business Administration websites at:
College of Engineering Website
College of Business Administraton Website
Abstracts shall be submitted via email to Eng. Nuha Awad Adam at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to view the program.
Online by using MS-Team.