Date: 29th February to 2nd March 2020
The rapidly changing world is pushing towards a fundamental shift in the engineering profession. Globalization, environmental issues, sustainability, smart technology, and cyber-communication are all demanding a broader set of skills than the traditional engineering skills. The highly interdisciplinary nature of the newly evolving technology requires stronger collaboration between all engineering disciplines. Along the same lines, we are pleased to announce a three-day Symposium covering Contemporary Issues in Engineering as part of the College of Engineering Research Week hosted by University of Sharjah.
The deanship of the college of Engineering is encouraging all faculty to present their research work and share new ideas with their students and colleagues. The attendance is compulsory for all PhD and MSc students who finished their thesis proposal in the college to present their ongoing research. The main objectives of the symposium are:
1. To create a venue for interdisciplinary collaboration between graduate students, faculty and professionals from different engineering disciplines in an atmosphere of educational excellence.
2. To explore research ideas and solutions, and share best practices among students, faculty and professionals from the industry.
3. To discuss the current situation, challenges, and advancements of the graduate students in relation to their research work.
· The faculty in the college of engineering will serve as judges to evaluate students' presentations within their respective disciplines. The three-day Symposium will be concluded with an award for the best oral and poster presentation.
· Failing to attend for students will affect their grades in the progress report that is sent to the college of graduate studies at the end of the Spring semester.
The tracks of the Symposium include all aspects of engineering across all areas:
Day-1: Engineering Management in UAE 29th of February 2020
- Construction Management for Sustainability
- Management in Sustainable Energy
- Environmental Management
- Power Systems Engineering Management
- Sustainable Architecture Design
Extended version of high-quality papers is going to be published in a Special Issue of Engineering Management in the International Journal of Systems Assurance Engineering and Management. This special issue invites both theoretical and empirical papers within the discipline of engineering management. The journal is Scopus indexed with h-index of 18.
Day-2: Contemporary Issues in Engineering Sciences. 1st of March 2020
- Contemporary Issues in Civil Engineering.
- Contemporary Issues in Architecture Engineering.
- Contemporary Issues in Sustainable Engineering.
Day-3: Contemporary Issues in Engineering Sciences. 2nd of March 2020
- Contemporary Issues in Mechanical and Nuclear Engineering.
- Contemporary Issues in Electrical Engineering.
- Contemporary Issues in Industrial Engineering.
- Call for papers: 21th of October 2019.
- Deadline for last submission 21th of November 2019.
- Reviewers and authors feedback 5th of January 2020.
- Publication date April 2020
An update regarding online submission will be posted in the College of Engineering website here
|1||Prof. Ahmed Al-Shamma'a||Committee Chair|
|2||Dr. Ghazi Gaseem Al-Khateeb||Coordinator|
|3||Dr. Sohaib Majzoub||EE member|
|4||Dr. Emad S. Mushtaha||AE member|
|5||Dr. Sharafuddin Ahmed||IEEM member|
|6||Dr. Mohammed Kamil||MNE member|
|7||Dr. Abrar Inayat||SREE member|
|8||Dr. Fikri Dweiri||Guest editor for special issue|
|9||Prof. Khalil Abdelmawgoud||Lead guest editor for special issue|
Al Bayroni Hall- M9, from 08.00 am till 5.00 pm
Graduate students will be responsible for preparing their portrait orientation posters: maximum size 36" (width) x 48" (height). Posters may be printed free of charge through the Office of the PhD-EM (Eng. Nuha) and must be submitted for printing no later than 30th of March 2020.
Poster Orientation: Portrait
Poster Width: 36"
Poster Height: 48"
NOTE: Posters that do not meet these requirements will not be accepted.
To submit your poster for free printing, please do the following:
- Manually size your poster to 36" (w) x 48" (h).
- Save your file as a PDF.
- Send your poster to: Nuha Awad Adam email@example.com
All graduate students in the college of Engineering are encouraged to apply to present their research via oral and/or posters.
Click here to view the abstract book.