Date and Time: 2nd of May 2019
The College of Engineering is planning to organize a symposium for all graduate students in the college to present their research proposal or thesis progress report in either an oral or a poster presentation or both. This event aims to place graduate students and engineering professionals in an atmosphere of educational excellence that will allow them to explore new ideas and their supervisory committee to follow up the thesis progress.
This year the attendance will be compulsory for all PhD programs who finished their thesis proposal and optional for Msc students in the college to present their ongoing research thesis. The overall objectives of the symposium are:
- To discuss the current situation, challenges and advancements relating to their PhD research thesis.
- To share experience and best practices on their work.
- Faculty in the college of engineering will serve as judges for groups of presentations sharing similar themes or representing common areas of study. The Symposium will be concluded with an award for the best oral and poster presentation to exemplary presenters.
- PhD students who "pass" Research Proposal should present his/her work orally.
- Students who fail to attend will lose their grades in the progress report that will sent to the college of graduate studies at the end of this semester.
- ABSTRACT submission – 7 March 2019. To download a template, click here
- Notification of abstract acceptance - 21 March 2019
- Submission of FULL ORAL AND/OR POSTER PRESENTATION – 3 April 2019
- Once the abstract has been submitted, we will reply as soon as possible.
|1||Prof. Abdul Kadir Hamid||Chair|
|2||Prof. Khalil Abdelrazek||Associate chair.|
|3||Prof. Gordian Ojiako||Member (IEEM)|
|4||Dr. Fikri T. Dweiri||Member (IEEM)|
|5||Dr. Mohamed Saad||Member (ECE)|
|6||Dr. Mamdouh EL Haj Assad||Member (SREE)|
|7||Dr. Khalid Mustafa Sa'd Ramadan||Member (MNE)|
|8||Dr. Khaled Hamad||Member (CEE)|
|9||Dr. Hamad Rashid||Member (IEEM)|
|10||Eng. Nuha Awad Adam||Learning coordinating officer for the PhD-EM program.|
M9- 007 Al Bayrouni Hall, from 11.00 am till 5.00 pm
Abstarct Book and Program:
to download a template.
Graduate students will be responsible for preparing their portrait orientation posters: maximum size 36" (width) x 48" (height). Posters may be printed free of charge through the Office of the PhD-EM (Eng. Nuha) and must be submitted for printing no later than 3rd of April 2019.
Poster Orientation: Portrait
Poster Width: 36"
Poster Height: 48"
NOTE: Posters and power point presentations that do not meet these requirements will not be accepted.
to download a power point presentation template.
To submit your poster for free printing, please do the following:
- Manually size your poster to 36" (w) x 48" (h).
- Save your file as a PDF.
- Send your poster to: EGSRS@sharjah.ac.ae
All graduate students in the college of Engineering are encouraged to apply to present their research via oral and/or posters.