• Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), Oral Microbiology, University of Bergen, Norway, 2018
Thesis title: Biofilm and planktonic lifestyles of Porphyromonas gingivalis and Fusobacterium nucleatum, Proteomic analysis of bacteria grown as planktonic cells, mono- and dual-species biofilm, and characterization of the biofilm extracellular polymeric matrix.
• Master in Oral Science, University of Bergen, Norway
Centre of International Health, Faculty of Medicine, University of Bergen, upgrade to PhD without certificate.
• Degree in Dentistry, Jordan University of Science and Technology, Irbid, Jordan, 2003
Oct 2019 – Sep 2020
Department Engineer (Senior laboratory manager), Department of clinical dentistry, Faculty of Health Sciences, UiT The arctic university of Norway, Tromsø, Norway
Nov 2015 – Sep 2019
Laboratory assistant, Department of pathology and histology, Haukeland University Hospital, Helsevest, Bergen, Norway
Aug 2009 – Apr 2018
Doctoral Research Fellow, Department of Clinical Science, Faculty of Medicine, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
Nov 2005– Jul 2008
Teaching Assistant at the Faculty of Dentistry, University of Science and Technology – Sana’a, Yemen
Jul 2003– Jul 2008
General Dental practitioner, Private dental clinic, Sana’a, Yemen
• Dabija‐Wolter, G., Al‐Zubaydi, S. S., Mohammed, Marwan., Bakken, V., & Bolstad, A. I.
The effect of metronidazole plus amoxicillin or metronidazole plus penicillin V on periodontal pathogens in an in vitro biofilm model. Clinical and Experimental Dental Research.
• Mohammed, Marwan; Pettersen, Veronika Kucharova; Nerland, Audun Helge; Wiker, Harald G; Bakken, Vidar.
Quantitative proteomic analysis of extracellular matrix extracted from mono- and dual-species biofilms of Fusobacterium nucleatum and Porphyromonas gingivalis. Anaerobe. 44C: 133-142. Published 2017-03-09. doi: 10.1016/j.anaerobe.2017.03.002
• Mohammed, Marwan; Nerland, Audun Helge; Al-Haroni, Mohammed; Bakken, Vidar.
Characterization of extracellular polymeric matrix, and treatment of Fusobacterium nucleatum and Porphyromonas gingivalis biofilms with DNase I and proteinase K. Journal of Oral Microbiology 2013; Volume 5.