- 2017-present: Associate Professor in Oral Medicine, College of Dental Medicine, University of Sharjah.
- 2016-present: Oral Medicine Consultant, University Dental Hospital Sharjah, University of Sharjah.
- 2008-2017: Assistant Professor in Oral Medicine, College of Dental Medicine, University of Sharjah.
- 2014-2017: Adjunct Senior Lecturer in Forensic Odontology, Monash University, Australia.
- 2008-2016: Oral Medicine Specialist, University Dental Hospital Sharjah, University of Sharjah.
- 2006-2008: Forensic Odontologist and Oral Medicine Specialist, Ministry of Health, Jordan.
- 2002-2006: Forensic Odontologist, Victorian Institute of Forensic Medicine, Australia.
- 2004-2006: Emergency dental officer, Royal Melbourne Dental Hospital, Australia.
- 2004-2006: Special Needs Dentist, Royal Melbourne Dental Hospital, Australia.
1. Al-Amad SH. El-Saleh A. Elnagdi A. Al-Nasser F. Alsallemi S. Fingernail length as a compromising factor to perforations of latex gloves: a simulated clinical experiment. Eastern Mediterranean Health Journal. Accepted 20th May 2018.
2. Al-Amad SH. Prevalence of hepatitis B, C and HIV among patients attending a teaching dental hospital: a seven-year retrospective study from the United Arab Emirates. Saudi Medical Journal. 2018; 39(5): 500-506.
3. Al-Amad SH. Dental evidence as a sole human identifier in world disasters: A literature review with emphasis on the 2004 tsunami disaster. Arab Journal of Forensic Sciences and Forensic Medicine. 2018; 1(7): 781-791.
4. Al-Amad SH, Awad MA, Edher FM, Shahramian K, Omran TA. The effect of rubber dam on atmospheric bacterial aerosols during restorative dentistry. Journal of Infection and Public Health. 2017; Mar - Apr;10(2):195-200
5. Al-Amad SH, Awad MA, Al-Farsi LH, Elkhaled RH. Reporting child abuse cases by dentists working in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Journal of Forensic and Legal Medicine 2016; 22(40): 12-15
6. Al-Amad SH. The Evidentiary Value of Bite Mark Analysis in Criminal Cases. Arab Journal of Forensic Sciences and Forensic Medicine. 2016; 1(3): 180-193
7. Al-Amad SH, Cordner S, Haddidi M, Al-Amad H. Autopsy translates in Arabic to al-tashreeh. Could this term influence its acceptability? Journal of Forensic and Legal Medicine 2015; 29:34-5
8. Al-Amad SH, Awad M, Nimri O. Oral cancer in young Jordanians: a potential association with the frequency of Narghile smoking. Oral Surgery Oral Medicine Oral Pathology Oral Radiology 2014;118(5): 560-565
9. Madi HA, Swaid S, Al-Amad SH. The Uniqueness of the Human Dentition. Journal of Forensic Odonto-Stomatology 2013; 31:1:30-39
10. Al-Amad SH, Awad M, Silverman H. Attitudes of dental patients towards participation in research. Eastern Mediterranean Journal of Medicine 2014; 20(2): 90-98
Silverman H, Ahmad B. Ajeilat S. Al-Amad SH, et al. Curriculum guide for research ethics workshops for countries in the Middle East. Developing World Bioethics. 2010; 10(2): 70-77