Doctoral Degree of Dental Sciences (DDSc), (Restorative Dentistry) Joint Supervision Post-Graduate Program, School of Dentistry, Indiana University, USA - Faculty of Dentistry, Suez Canal University, Egypt.
Board Certified, American Board of Operative Dentistry (ABOD), USA. 07/2003
Masters of Dental Sciences in Restorative Dentistry (MDS): Faculty of Dentistry, Suez Canal University, Egypt.
Bachelor of Oral and Dental Medicine and Surgery (BDS): Faculty of Oral and Dental Medicine, Cairo University, Egypt
1/2009 – current: Associate Professor of Restorative Dentistry and Course Coordinator (Dental Clinical Practice II), Department of General and Specialist Dental Practice, College of Dentistry, University of Sharjah. Sharjah, UAE.
09/2017 – current: Assistant Director, University Dental Hospital – Sharjah (UDHS) Sharjah, UAE.
09/2000 - 11/2009 : Assistant Professor and Course coordinator (Clinical Operative Dentistry I, II, III), Department of Operative Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Suez Canal University. Egypt.
02/2009 - 11/2009: Adjunct Assistant Professor, Department of Operative Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Misr International University (MIU), Cairo, Egypt.
01/2006 – 12/2007: Visiting Researcher/Scholar, Department of Restorative Dentistry, Division of Dental Biomaterials, Indiana University - School of Dentistry, Indianapolis, IN, USA.
Fracture resistance and failure mode of layered translucent zirconia with different crown designs. Al-Qaysi SH, Saleh ARM, El-Damanhoury HM. Dent Mater J. 2021 Sep 4. doi: 10.4012/dmj.2021-051.
In Vitro Enamel Remineralization Efficacy of Calcium Silicate-Sodium Phosphate-Fluoride Salts versus NovaMin Bioactive Glass, Following Tooth Whitening. El-Damanhoury HM, Elsahn NA, Sheela S, Bastaty T. Eur J Dent. 2021 Jul;15(3):515-522. doi: 10.1055/s-0040-1722484.
Adhesive luting to hybrid ceramic and resin composite CAD/CAM Blocks:Er:YAG Laser versus chemical etching and micro-abrasion pretreatment. El-Damanhoury HM, A Elsahn N, Sheela S, Gaintantzopoulou MD. J Prosthodont Res. 2021 Jun 30;65(2):225-234. doi: 10.2186/jpr.JPOR_2020_50
Influence of Low-Level Laser Modification and Adhesive Application Mode on the Bonding Efficiency of Universal Adhesives to Er:YAG Laser-Ablated Dentin. Elsahn NA, El-Damanhoury HM, Elkassas DW. J Lasers Med Sci. 2021 Feb 16;12:e7. doi: 10.34172/jlms.2021.07.
Behavioral management using sequenced treatment paradigm and audiovisual distraction during dental treatment in children with attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder. Fakhruddin KS, ElBatawi H, El-Damanhoury HM. Eur J Dent. 2018 Apr-Jun;12(2):262-268. doi: 10.4103/ejd.ejd_59_18.
Self-etching ceramic primer versus hydrofluoric acid etching: Etching efficacy and bonding performance. El-Damanhoury HM, Gaintantzopoulou MD. J Prosthodont Res. 2018 Jan;62(1):75-83. doi: 10.1016/j.jpor.2017.06.002.
Effect of Preparation Depth on the Marginal and Internal Adaptation of Computer-aided Design/Computer-assisted Manufacture Endocrowns. Gaintantzopoulou MD, El-Damanhoury HM. Oper Dent. 2016 Nov/Dec;41(6):607-616. doi: 10.2341/15-146-L.
The effect of immediate dentin sealing and optical powder removal method on the fracture resistance of CAD/CAM-fabricated endocrowns. El-Damanhoury HM, Gaintantzopoulou M. Int J Comput Dent. 2016;19(2):135-51.
Effect of Thermocycling, Degree of Conversion, and Cavity Configuration on the Bonding Effectiveness of All-in-One Adhesives. El-Damanhoury HM, Gaintantzopoulou M. Oper Dent. 2015 Sep-Oct;40(5):480-91. doi: 10.2341/14-185-LR1.
Fracture resistance and microleakage of endocrowns utilizing three CAD-CAM blocks. El-Damanhoury HM, Haj-Ali RN, Platt JA. Oper Dent. 2015 Mar-Apr;40(2):201-10. doi: 10.2341/13-143-L.
Effectiveness of teaching International Caries Detection and Assessment System II and its e-learning program to freshman dental students on occlusal caries detection. El-Damanhoury HM, Fakhruddin KS, Awad MA. Eur J Dent. 2014 Oct;8(4):493-497. doi: 10.4103/1305-7456.143631.
Polymerization shrinkage stress kinetics and related properties of bulk-fill resin composites. El-Damanhoury H, Platt J. Oper Dent. 2014 Jul-Aug;39(4):374-82. doi: 10.2341/13-017-L.
Load To Failure and Failure Mode of Layered Translucent Zirconia with Different Crown Designs. master’s degree of science in Restorative Dentistry, College of Dentistry, Ajman University
• Wear Resistance of Different Composite Materials Used with Bonded Orthodontic Retainers: A Laboratory Study. Master of Science in Orthodontics, the Hamdan Bin Mohammed College of Dental Medicine Mohammed Bin Rashid University Medicine and Health Sciences.
• Effect of Thickness and Cementation Technique on Fracture and Fatigue Resistance of Feldspathic Ultra-Thin Laminate Veneers, Master of Dental Surgery in Prosthodontics, College of Dental Medicine, University of Sharjah
• Fracture and Fatigue Resistance, and Wear of Different CAD/CAM Onlay Abutments used with Acetal Resin or Cobalt-Chromium Removable Partial Denture Clasps, Master of Dental Surgery in Prosthodontics, College of Dental Medicine, University of Sharjah
• Two- And Three-Dimensional Wear Analysis of Different Artificial Denture Teeth, Master of Dental Surgery in Prosthodontics, College of Dental Medicine, University of Sharjah
• Occluding Effect of ER:YAG Laser and Gluma Desensitizing Agents on Human Dentinal Tubules in Vitro: A Dye Percolation And Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM) Study, Master of Dental Surgery in Periodontics, College of Dental Medicine, University of Sharjah
• Fatigue and Fracture resistance of Multilayered Translucent Zirconium oxide and Lithium Disilicate Single Crown Restorations: A Comparative IN VITRO Study, Master of Dental Surgery in Prosthodontics, College of Dental Medicine, University of Sharjah.
• Evaluation of the role of fiber-reinforced composites in endodontically treated weakened root canal systems: open apex and flared root canals. Master of Science (Dentistry) in Prosthodontics, University Sains Malaysia, School of Dental Sciences, Malaysia.
The Best Paper Award, by the Japan Prosthodontic Society
The Paffenbarger Research Award, offered by the Academy of Dental Materials
06/2016 • Competitive Research Grant, Principle investigator, “Adhesive luting to Chair-side CAD/CAM Blocks: Part I - The Effect of Surface Pretreatment on Fracture Resistance, Microleakage, Shear Bond Strength, Surface Topography and Fluoride Remnants”. University of Sharjah, Sharjah, UAE. (80,000 AED).
09/2015 • Competitive Research Grant, Co-investigator, “Effect of Preparation Type on the Adaptation and fracture Resistance of CAD-CAM Endocrowns”. University of Sharjah, Sharjah, UAE. (34,000 AED).
10/2011 • Competitive Research Grant, Principle investigator, “Bond Strength of Resin Composite to Laser Ablated Dentin After Conservative Caries Removal by Er:YAG and Er,Cr:YSGG “, University of Sharjah, Sharjah, UAE. (93,000 AED).
• Seed Research Grant, Co-investigator, Bonding of Machinable Ceramics to Laser Ablated Tooth Substrates Using Different Resin Cements, University of Sharjah, Sharjah, UAE. (20,000 DHS).
• The Paffenbarger Student Research Award 2007, offered by the Academy of Dental Materials.
08/2006 • Multidisciplinary Undergraduate Research Institute (MURI) Program, Indiana University - Purdue University (IUPUI). (20,000 USD