- 2008-To Date –Assistant Professor, College of Dental Medicine, University of Sharjah, Sharjah UAE
- 2007-2008- Part time staff, College of Dental Medicine, University of Sharjah, Sharjah UAE
- 2001-2006- Part time staff, Ajman University of Science and Technology, Abu Dhabi , UAE
- 2001-2006- Consultant Periodontist, Munir Silwadi Dental Center, Abu Dhabi, UAE
- 1994-2000-Specialist Periodontist, King Fahd Specialist Hospital, Buraida, KSA
- 1992-1994- Specialist Periodontist, Ittefaq Hospital, Lahore, Pakistan
- 1991-1992- Assistant Professor, Faculty of Dentistry, Dicle University, Diyarbakir, Turkiye
- 1986-1989-Research Assistant, Faculty of Dentistry, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkiye
1. Gopinath VK, Rahman B, Awad MA . Assessment of gingival health among school children in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates. Eur J Dent. 2014; in press
2. Rahman B, Alkawas S, Al Zubaidi EA, Adel OI, Hawas N. Comparative anti-plaque and anti-gingivitis effectiveness of a tea tree oil mouthwash and a cetylpyridinium chloride mouthwash- a randomized crossover study. Cont. Clin. Dent. 2014; 5(4):39-43
3. Rahman B, Al Kawas S. The relationship between dental health behavior, oral hygiene and gingival status of dental students in the United Arab Emirates. Eur J Dent. 2013;7(1):22-27
4. Rahman B, Abraham SB, Alsalami AM, Alkhaja FE, Najem SI. Attitudes and practices of infection control among dental students in the United Arab Emirates. Eur J Dent 2013; 7:15-9.
5. Rahman B, Hawas N, Rahman M M , Rabah A F, Al Kawas S. Assessing dental students’ knowledge of oral cancer in the United Arab Emirates Int Dental J. 2013; 63( 2):80-84
6. Abraham SB, Rahman B, Istarabadi A, AliMahmoud AH, Danielle Q. Attitudes towards use of rubber dam in private practices in the United Arab Emirates. Saudi Endod J 2012; 2(3):142-6.
7. Al Kawas S, Fakhruddin KS, Ur Rehman B. A comparative study of oral health attitudes and behavior between dental and medical students. Journal of Int Dent Med Res.2010; 3(1):6-10
8. Ur Rehman MM, Mahmood N, Ur Rehman B. The relationship of caries with oral hygiene status and extraoral risk factors. Journal of Ayub Medical College Abbottabad, 2008. 20 (1): 103-108
9. Ur Rehman B, Ur Rehman MM, Yehdek A Relationship between maternal periodontal disease and preterm birth/low birth weight: A pilot study from United Arab Emirates. Journal of the Pakistan Dental Association. 2008; 17 (4): 182-186
10. Awad MA, Rahman B, Hasan H. Body mass index and periodontal disease in diabetic patients. 91th American Dental Association Conference, US, 2014
My teaching in College of Dental medicine involves lecturing to 3rd,4th and 5th year BDS students broadly on periodontal diseases, their etiology, contributing factors, prevention, surgical and nonsurgical managements, effects of systemic conditions on periodontal tissues and effects of periodontal infections on systemic health, integration of periodontal treatment strategies with other disciplines of dentistry; teaching undergraduate students basic clinical skills in periodontics ,including scaling and root planning ,examination of periodontium(soft tissue examination and periodontal charting, diagnosis and treatment planning starting with the lab exercises in 1st and 2nd year and continuing in clinical practices, in BDS 3,4,and 5 further improve and apply these skills on patient management. In periodontics clinics I teach students how to incorporate periodontal treatment as part of a general treatment plan(problem based teaching).