"Management of Medical Emergencies in Dental Practice - Common Clinical Scenarios" workshop was held at the University Dental Hospital Sharjah on 2 sessions (Tuesday 07 March 2023 Group A and Wednesday 08 March 2023 Group B), and it was attended by approximately 100 care providers from different groups including clinical tutors, dental assistants, technicians, admin staff, interns, and patient partner Mr. Ismail Mohamed AlZarouni. The workshop covered a range of topics related to Code Blue:
- How to identify the case for the different medical scenarios
- How to assess the situation
- How to initiate proper management for the different scenarios
- How to ensure proper communication during emergencies (SBAR)
- How to activate code blue and the teams' roles during emergencies
The workshop instructors included: Dr. Zaid Hamdoon, Dr. Kausar Fakhruddin, Dr. Mohamed Munib. The workshop also featured real clinical scenarios about: Angina Attack, Asthma, Epilepsy, Allergic Reaction, Hypoglycemia, Foreign Body Inhalation, Vasovagal Syncope, Postural Hypotension, Panic Attack (Anxiety), and Myocardial Infarction. The workshop provided a valuable opportunity to improve on the UDHS emergency preparedness policy and the teams role in activating code blue as part of continuous quality improvement and ensuring patient safety.