Doctor of Dental Surgery (D.D.S.), Damascus University, Syria 1990
PhD Oral Biology, Faculty of Dentistry, McGill University, Montreal, Canada 1997
Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Royal Victoria Hospital, Montreal, Canada 1998
MSc Leadership in Medical Education, Royal College of Surgeon Ireland (RCSI), 2015
Member of the Editorial Board Member, BMC Medical Education, BMC Nursing, BMC Primary Care, Springer Nature Group, https://bmcmededuc.biomedcentral.com/
Member of the Editorial Board Member, Journal of Advances in Biomedical and Health Sciences, Medknow, Wolters Kluwer Health, http://www.abhsjournal.net
Member of the Editorial Board Member, Journal of Oral Health and Dental Studies, Rivera Publications, USA. http://riverapublications.com/journal/oral-health-dental-stu
1- Al‑Marzooq, Al Kawas, Rahman, Shearston, Saad,
Benzina1, Weitzman. Supragingival microbiome
alternations as a consequence of smoking different
tobacco types and its relation to dental caries. Scientific
Reports, 12:2861, 2022.
2. Mohammad Alrahdan, El-Kishawi, Al Kawas. The
concomitant administration of COVID-19 and Hepatitis B
vaccines, should safety and efficacy be a concern? Infection & Chemotherapy, 53: 589, 2022.
3. Arab, Rani, Al Kawas, Samsudin. The efficacy of salivary Histatin-1 protein in wound closure of nicotine pretreated Human Periodontal Ligament Fibroblast cells – In vitro study. Archives of Oral Biology, 14: 2022. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.archoralbio.2022.105486
4. Khalaf, El-Kishawi, Al Kawas. Exploring Professionalism among Final Year Dental Students and New Graduates: Translating Knowledge to Practice. European Journal of Dentistry, 2022. https://www.researchgate.net/deref/https%3A%2F%2Fdoi.org%2F10.1055%2Fs-0042-1743153
5. W Kheder, S Al Kawas, Khaled Khalaf, AB Samsudin. Impact of tribocorrosion and titanium particles release on dental implant complications. Japanese Dental Science Review, 57:182, 2021, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jdsr.2021.09.001
6. Wazzan, Estaitia, Habrawi, Mansour, Jalal, Ahmed, Hasan, Al Kawas. The Effect of Music Therapy in Reducing Dental Anxiety and Lowering Physiological Stressors. Acta Biomedica, 92 (6): e2021393, 2021. https://mattioli1885journals.com/index.php/actabiomedica/onlinefirst/download/11668/10385
7. Al Kawas, Al‑Marzooq, Rahman, Shearston, Saad, Benzina1, Weitzman. The Impact of Smoking Different Tobacco Types on the Subgingival Microbiome and Periodontal Health: a pilot study. Scientific Reports,
11:1113, 2021. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-020-80937-3
8. Hamdoon, Jerjes, Rashed, Al Kawas, Abdul Sattar, Samsudin, Hopper. In vivo optical coherence tomography-guided photodynamic therapy for skin pre-cancer and cancer. Photodiagnosis and Photodynamic Therapy, 36, 2021. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pdpdt.2021.102520
9. Shetty S, Al Bayatti SW, Al-Rawi N, Kamath V, Reddy S, Narasimhan S, Al Kawas S. The effect of concha bullosa and nasal septal deviation on palatal dimensions: a cone beam computed tomography study. BMC Oral Health, 21:607, 2021. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12903-021-01974-6
10. Al-Rawi, Al Ani, Quadri, Hamdoon, Awwad, Al Kawas, Al Nuaimi. Prognostic Significance of E-Cadherin, B-Catenin and Cyclin D1 in Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma: a tissue microarray study. Histology and Histopathology 2021. DOI: 10.14670/HH-18-363
1. Rahman B, Al KAWAS S, Al Zubidi E, Abdel OE, Hawas N, Comparative anti-plaque and anti-gingivitis effectiveness of a tea tree oil mouthwashand a cetylpyridinium chloride mouthwash-a randomized controlled crossover study. Contemporary Clinical Dentistry, 5 (1), 2014.
2. Rahman B, Hawas N, Rahman M, Rabah A, Al KAWAS S, Assessing dental students’ knowledge of oral cancer in the United Arab Emirates. International Dental Journal, 63: 80-84, 2013.
3. Rahman B; Al KAWAS S. The relationship between dental health behavior, oral hygiene and gingival status of dental students in the United Arab Emirates. European Journal of Dentistry, 7 (1): 22-27, 2013.
4. Al-Rawi N, Al KAWAS S, Imad O, Public awareness and attitude toward oral cancer screening in United Arab Emirates. J International Dental and Medical Research, 5 (3): 149-154, 2012.
5. Al KAWAS S, Rahim Z, and Ferguson DB, Potential uses of human salivary protein and peptide analysis in the diagnosis of disease. Archives of Oral Biology, 57 (1): 1-9, 2012.
6. Al KAWAS S, Abu Ghazzi, and Suliman, Knowledge and oral health awareness about diabetes among college population in United Arab Emirates: A pilot study. World Journal of Medical Sciences, 6 (1): 1-5, 2011.
7. Al-Rawi NH, Al-Samarai M, Al KAWAS S, Majeed A, Expression of matrix metalloproteinase MMP-2 and its tissue inhibitor TIMP-2 in Intraoral pleomorphic adenoma and adenoid cystic carcinoma. J International Dental and Medical Research, 4 (1): 1-6, 2011.
8. Fakhruddin KS and Al KAWAS S, Prevalence and etiological factors related to dental injuries amongst 18-22-year-olds in United Arab Emirates. Dental Traumatology, 26: 296-300, 2010.
9. Mustafa EA and Al KAWAS S, The effect of Gallium-Arsenide laser irradiation on odontogenesis. J International Dental and Medical Research, 3 (2): 52-56, 2010.
10. AL-Rawi N, Husam O, and Al KAWAS S, Immunohistochemical Analysis of P 53 and bcl-2 in benign and malignant salivary glands tumors. Journal of Oral Pathology & Medicine, 39: 48-55, 2010.
11. AL-Rawi N, Al KAWAS S, Younis W, Immunolocalization of the cell adhesion molecules ICAM-1 & VCM-1 in pyogenic Granuloma. Advances in Medical and Dental Sciences, 3: 92-97, 2010.
12. Baron J, Steel L, Al KAWAS S: Case Study book chapter on E-learning. Book title: Cases'n Places: Global Cases in Education Performance Technology, Chapter 4: 59-74, 2010.
13. Al KAWAS S et al., A comparative study of oral health attitudes and behavior between dental and medical students and impact of dental education in United Arab Emirates, Journal of International Dental and Medical Research, 3 (1): 6-10, 2010
14. Al KAWAS S, Warshawsky H: Ultrastructure and Composition of Basement Membrane Separating Maturation Stage Ameloblasts from Enamel. Archives of Oral Biology,
53(4): 310-317, 2008.
15. Al KAWAS S et al., Analysis of Mercury in Wastewater of some Dental Clinics in United Arab Emirates. Journal of International Environmental Application & Science, 3 (1): 21-28, 2008.