The College of Dental Medicine aims to become a regional center of excellence in education, research and dental services focusing on the needs of UAE and other gulf countries.
The college aims to train students who are able to work in public and private sectors and contribute to the advancement of dental care in UAE and the region.
The following objectives form the foundation of our curriculum:
- Develop a more flexible curriculum structure that can respond rapidly to, and reflect on, developments in the sciences and practice of dentistry
- Reduce formal teaching contact hours and provide students with greater opportunities for self-directed, experiential learning throughout the course
- Facilitate greater opportunities for contextual learning. In the traditional model, most of the basic and applied science material was presented in the early years of the study program. This material was often not reinforced later in the course, when its relevance would have been more appreciated by the students. A greater integration, balance and flow of material throughout the course is an important objective.
- Introduce problem‐based and team-based leaning throughout the course so that students, and later graduates, are able to better integrate and apply their learning and knowledge in their practice
- Make greater use of developments in computer‐aided instruction, audio‐visual material and laboratory‐based technique exercises
- Develop a course that students will find stimulating and enjoyable and one that engenders a desire to become life‐long learners