1983-1986 Employee at the Computer Centre, Aleppo University, Aleppo, Syria.
1986-1991 Teaching Assistant at the College of Economics, Business Department, Aleppo University, Syria.
1996 - 2001 Assistant Professor at the College of Economics, Management Department, Aleppo University, Aleppo, Syria.
2001 -2002 Assistant Professor at the Faculty of Computer Science, Department of Computer Systems Applications, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
2002-2004 Assistant Professor at the College of Business Administration, MIS Department, Petra University, Amman, Jordan.
2004 - 2010 Assistant Professor at the College of Business Administration, Management Information Systems (MIS) Department, University of Sharjah, Sharjah, UAE.
2011-2019 Associate Professor at the College of Business Administration, MIS Department, University of Sharjah, Sharjah, UAE.
From 2020 Associate Professor at the College of Computing & Informatics, Information Systems Department, University of Sharjah, Sharjah, UAE
2020 Mouakket, S., “Investigating the continuance usage intention of mobile payment: A multi-theoretical perspective”, International Journal of Mobile Communications”, Article in Press.
2020 Mouakket, S., Sun, Y. “Investigating the impact of personality traits of social network sites users on information disclosure in China: The moderating role of gender”, Information SystemsFrontiers, Article in press.
2019 Mouakket, S., “The influence of intrinsic and extrinsic gratifications on continuance motivation of mobile instant messaging: The United Arab Emirates context”, The Journal of High Technology Management Research, 30, 1, 40-49.
2019 Mouakket, S., Sun, Y., “Examining factors that influence information disclosure on social network sites from the perspective of network externalities”, Industrial Management & Data Systems, 119, 4, 774-791.
2019 Mouakket, S., “Information self-disclosure on mobile instant messaging applications: Uses and gratifications perspective”, Journal of Enterprise Information Management, 32, 1, 98-117,
2018 Mouakket, S., “The role of personality traits in motivating users' continuance intention towards Facebook: Gender differences”, The Journal of High Technology Management Research, 29, 124-140.
2016 Hassan. M., Mouakket, S. “ERP and organizational change: A case study examining the implementation of accounting modules”, International Journal of Organizational Analysis, 24, 3, 487-515.
2015 Mouakket, S., Bettayeb, A M, “Investigating the factors influencing continuance usage intention of Learning management systems by university instructors - The Blackboard system”, International Journal of Web Information Systems, 11, 4, 491- 509.
2015 Mouakket, S., “Factors influencing continuance intention to use social network sites: The Facebook case”, Computers in Human Behavior, 53, 102-110.
2015 Sun, Y., Mouakket, S., “Assessing the impact of enterprise systems technological characteristics on user continuance behavior: An empirical study in China”, Computers in Industry, 70, 153–167.
1. Organizing workshop: Creative design, Sharjah Consultive Council 22 November, 2018
2. Organizing a scientific trip to GITEX 2019, COBA students 17 October 2018
3. Member of the 4th International Forum on Innovation and Entrepreneurship, UAE university students and senior high school students February 2019
4. Published paper in the Monthly University Forum, No. 108, year 17, October 2018 UOS October 2018
5. Review paper: Marketing theoretical Films for the Mobile platform: the role of web content/social media/brand extension, WOM, and windowing strategies, International journal of mobile communications February, 2019
6. Review paper: The effect of use, overuse, and appeal of mobile games and add-ons purchases Journal of Organizational and end user computing September 2018
7. Review paper: Exploring factors influencing students’ continuance intention to use leaning management system (LMS): An Iranian perspective Interactive learning environment journal October 2018
8. Presented a paper in the 1st College of Business Administration Symposium, UOS 7 March 2019
9. Member in the Scientific and Award Committee for the 1st College of Business Administration Symposium, UOS 7 March 2019
10. Member in the community farming team in the sustainable garden circle project ,UOS 2018-2019
11. Member in the Initial Accreditation Application for E-Commerce degree, UOS 2018-2019
12. Review paper: The Antecedents of Consumer Impulse Buying on Online Group Buying Websites Asia Pacific Journal of Marketing and Logistics December 2018
13. UOS Open Day Representative, UOS-COBA 24 April 2019