Ph.D. (Management), IAE Aix en Provence, Aix- Marseille University, France, 2010
Master (Management Science), IAE Aix en Provence, Aix- Marseille University, France, 2007
MBA (Finance), Institute of Business Administration, University of the Punjab, Pakistan, 1997
University of Sharjah, United Arab Emirates, Assistant Professor, Department of Management, College of Business Administration, September 2016 – to date.
University of Fujairah, United Arab Emirates, Assistant Professor, Department of Business Administration, August 2015 – August 2016
Lahore University of Management Sciences, Pakistan, Assistant Professor, Suleman Dawood School of Business, March 2012 – August 2015
University of Central Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Management Studies, March 2011 – February 2012
Lahore College Women University, Pakistan , Lecturer in Business Studies, September 2001- February 2005
1. Samina Quratulain, Abdul Karim Khan, & Meghna Sabharwal (in press) Procedural Fairness, Public Service Motives and Employee Work Outcomes: Evidence from Pakistani Public Service Organizations. Review of Public Personnel Administration. DOI/10.1177/0734371X17718029 (Impact factor=1.474).
2. Samina Quratulain, Abdul Karim Khan, Jonathan Crawshaw, Ghulam Ali, & Imran Hameed (in press) A study of employee affective organizational commitment and retention in Pakistan: The roles of psychological contract breach and norms of reciprocity. International Journal of Human Resource Management. DOI: 10.1080/09585192.2016.1254099 ( Impact factor=1.650)
3. Abdul Karim Khan, Sherry Moss, Samina Quratulain, & Imran Hameed (in press), When and how subordinates’ performance leads to abusive supervision: a social dominance perspective.
Journal of Management, DOI 10.1177/0149206316653930. (Impact factor=7.733)
4. Abdul Karim Khan, Chris M. Bell, & Samina Quratulain (2017) The two faces of envy: Perceived opportunity to perform as a moderator of envy manifestation, Personnel Review, vol.46, no.3, pp. 490-511. (Impact factor=1.427)
5. Abdul Karim Khan, Samina Quratulain, & Jonathan Crawshaw (2017), Double jeopardy: Subordinates’ worldviews and poor performance as predictors of abusive supervision. Journal of Business and Psychology, Vol. 32, no.2, pp. 165-178. (Impact factor=2.694)
6. Samina Quratulain, Abdul Karim Khan, Caroline Manvile, & Carolina Serrano Archimi (2015), Impact of intensity of supervisor’s mistreatment on employee attitudes. 10.5465/AMBPP.2015.151. In John Humphreys (Ed.), Best Paper Proceedings of the Seventy-fifth Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management. Online ISSN: 2151-6561.
7. Samina Quratulain, & Abdul Karim Khan (2015), How Does Employees’ Public Service Motivation Get Affected? A Conditional Process Analysis of the Effects of Person–Job Fit and Work Pressure. Public Personnel Management , vol. 44 no. 2 266-289 (Impact factor=0.981)
8. Samina Quratulain, & Abdul Karim Khan (2015), Red Tape, resigned satisfaction, public service motivation and negative employee attitudes and behaviors: Testing a model of moderated mediation. Review of Public Personnel Administration, vol. 35, no 4, 307-332. (Impact factor=1.474)
9. Abdul Karim Khan, Samina Quratulain, & Chris Bell (2014), Episodic envy and counterproductive work behaviors: Is more justice always good? Journal of Organizational Behavior ,Vol. 35 (1), 128-144 (Impact factor=3.607)
10. Abdul Karim Khan, Samina Quratulain, & Jonathan Crawshaw (2013), The mediating role of discrete emotions in the relationship between injustice and counterproductive work behaviors: A study in Pakistan. Journal of Business and Psychology, Vol. 28 (1), 49-61. (Impact factor=2.694)