Assistant Professor, Department of Management, University of Sharjah, UAE (Sep. 2016 – today)
Assistant Professor, Department of International Trade, Bursa Orhangazi University, Turkey (Feb. 2014 – August 2016)
Adjunct Lecturer, Department of Healthcare Management, Open University of Cyprus, Cyprus (Feb. 2014 – Jun. 2016)
Project Manager & Expert in Quantitative Analysis and Public Sector Reform, European Public Law Organization (European Commission mandated body), Greece (Jun. 2013 – Jun. 2014)
Adjunct Lecturer, Department of Business Administration of Food & Agricultural Enterprises, University of Ioannina, Greece (Oct. 2011 – May 2014)
Senior Consultant Modeling Statistician, Analytics Center of Excellence, IRi Worldwide, Greece (Jun. 2013 – Sep. 2013)
Research Fellow, China Center for Health Development Studies, Peking University, China (May 2012 – Jul. 2012)
Research Fellow, Academy of Athens, Greece (Jan. 2011 – Apr. 2012)
Economic Analyst, General Directorate of Economic Planning & Support, Ministry of Defense, Greece (Oct. 2010 – May 2011)
Research Fellow, Regional Development Institute, Greece (Sep. 2008 – Dec. 2008)
Research Associate, Department of Microeconomic Analysis & Policy, Foundation for Economic & Industrial Research, Greece (Oct. 2005 – Oct. 2007)
University of Sharjah (UAE) (2017-2018) (Budget: €8,500). Project Title: Bias-Corrected Efficiency Estimators: A Bayesian DEA Approach (Ref.: 1703030204-P). Position: Principal Investigator.
European Commission & General Secretariat of Research and Technology (Greece) (2014-2015) (Budget: €90,000). Project Title: Archimedes III: Operational Planning of Primary Health Care Services in Suburban and Rural Areas (Ref.: MIS 383592). (with Prof. Mitropoulos, I. and Dr. Mitropoulos, P., Technological Educational Institute of Patras, Greece). Position: Co-Principal Investigator.
London School of Economics, Hellenic Observatory (2013-2015) (Budget: £10,000). Project Title: Evaluating the Structural Reform of Central Government Departments in Greece: Application of the DEA Methodology (Ref.: 1–NBG1–2013). (with Prof. Makrydemetres, A. and Dr. Pravita, M., University of Athens, Greece). Position: Co-Principal Investigator.
European Commission & Information Society (Greece) (2014) (Budget: €13.8m). Project Title: Design and Implementation of Fiscal Reforms with the use of Information Systems, Operational Support of Central Government Bodies (Ref.: OΠΣ 376421). Position: Evaluator.
European Commission, Fundación Internacional y para Iberoamérica de Administración y Políticas Públicas (Spain) & Turkish Ministry of Justice (2013-2014) (Budget: €1.8m). Project Title: Improved Capacity of Civil Enforcement Offices (Ref.: TR-2009-IB-JH-02). Positions: (a) Project manager, (b) Expert in quantitative analysis and public sector reform.
Academy of Athens (Greece) (2011-2012) (Budget: €15,000). Project Title: Measurement of Effectiveness and Efficiency of the Greek Public Administration (Ref.: 200/770). (with Prof. Palaskas, T. and Dr. Stoforos, C., Panteion University, Greece). Position: Co-Principal Investigator.
• Mitropoulos, P., Zervopoulos, P.D. and Mitropoulos, I. (forthcoming). Measuring performance in the presence of noisy data with targeted desirable levels: Evidence from healthcare units. Annals of Operations Research. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10479-019-03280-5
• Kanas, A. and Zervopoulos, P.D. (forthcoming). Systemic risk-shifting in U.S. commercial banking. Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11156-019-00797-5
• Zervopoulos, P.D., Sklavos, S., Kanas, A. and Cheng, G. (2019). A multi-parametric method for bias correction of DEA efficiency estimators. Journal of the Operational Research Society 70(4), 655-674.
• Kounetas, K. and Zervopoulos, P.D. (2019). A cross-country evaluation of environmental performance: Is there any convergence-divergence pattern in technology gaps? European Journal of Operational Research 273(3), 1136-1148.
• Kanas, A., Kotios, A. and Zervopoulos, P.D. (2019). Semi-parametric real exchange rates dynamics. Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting 52(2), 643-656.
• Pantouvakis, A., Vlachos, I. and Zervopoulos, P.D. (2017). Market orientation for sustainable performance and the inverted-U moderation of firm size: Evidence from the Greek shipping industry. Journal of Cleaner Production 165, 705-720.
• Zervopoulos, P.D., Brisimi, T.S., Emrouznejad, A. and Cheng, G. (2016). Performance measurement with multiple interrelated variables and threshold target levels: Evidence from retail firms in the US. European Journal of Operational Research 250, 262-272.
• Cheng, G. and Zervopoulos, P.D. (2014). Estimating the technical efficiency of health care systems: A cross-country comparison using the directional distance function. European Journal of Operational Research 238, 899-910.
• Cheng, G., Zervopoulos, P., and Qian, Z. (2013). A variant of radial measure capable of dealing with negative inputs and outputs in data envelopment analysis. European Journal of Operational Research 225, 100-105.
• Brissimis, S.N. and Zervopoulos, P.D. (2012). Developing a step-by-step effectiveness assessment model for customer-oriented service organizations. European Journal of Operational Research 223, 226-233.
• Zervopoulos, P. and Palaskas, T. (2011). Applying quality-driven, efficiency-adjusted DEA (QE-DEA) in the pursuit of high-efficiency – high quality service units: An input-oriented approach. IMA Journal of Management Mathematics 22 (4), 401-417.
• Al-Suwaidi, K.B.H. (2018–today). Building and evaluating a productivity measurement framework for public service organizations: Evidence from engineering services in UAE. Department of Industrial Engineering & Engineering Management, College of Engineering. University of Sharjah (supervisory committee member).
• Gholoom, S. (2019–2020). The effect of mergers and acquisitions on efficiency: Evidence from the pharmaceutical industry. University of Sharjah (MBA)
• Al Hammadi, E. (2019–2020). Performance measurement of airports incorporating employees’ perspective. University of Sharjah (MBA)
• Al Hamadi, H. (2018–2019). Measuring the performance of the retail bank supply chain. University of Sharjah (MBA).
• Al Jasmi, M.Y.M. (2018) Efficiency measurement of national health care systems. University of Sharjah (MBA).
• Shah, S.F.S.T. (2017–2018) Sustainable competitive advantage: Evidence from the U.S. automotive industry. University of Sharjah (MBA).
• Mattar, M.R.S. (2017–2018) Meta-efficiency measurement and application to the airline industry. University of Sharjah (MBA).
• Giorgi, M. (2014–2015) The cost of hospitalization of inpatients undergoing thyroidectomy: An application of the DRGs. Open University of Cyprus (MSc in Healthcare Management).
• Soufis, E. (2014–2015) Cost-effectiveness study of hypoplastic orchiectomy as compared to pharmaceutical hormone castration in metastatic prostate cancer. Open University of Cyprus (MSc in Healthcare Management).
• Undergraduate dissertations (>40) (2011–2014). University of Patras (Greece) and University of Western Greece. Department of Business Administration of Food & Agricultural Enterprises.
Journal reviewer: European Journal of Operational Research, Omega, Journal of the Operational Research Society, International Journal of Production Economics, Measurement, Computers and Operations Research, IMA Journal of Management Mathematics, Operational Research, Operations Research for Health Care, International Journal of Operational Research, International Journal of Decision Support Systems, International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management, Asian Academy of Management Journal of Accounting & Finance, Science Journal of Economics, International Journal of Health Policy and Management etc.
Wikipedia reviewer: articles on efficiency and productivity
Book reviewer: Public Management and Democracy: Quality and Effectiveness, Sakkoulas Publications, Athens (ISBN: 978-960-445-659-8).
Ph.D. Research Committee member, University of Sharjah, College of Business Administration.
Research Committee member, University of Sharjah, College of Business Administration.
Scientific & Organizing Committee Member:
15th International Conference on Data Envelopment Analysis (2017), The University of Economics, Prague: Czech Republic.
14th International Conference on Data Envelopment Analysis (2016), Jianghan University, Wuhan: China.
14th Special Conference of the Hellenic Operational Research Society & 11th Meeting of Multicriteria Decision Analysis (2015) Agricultural Development and Rural Economy using Multicriteria Decision Analysis, University of Patras, Agrinio: Greece.
11th ISINI Conference (2011) New Challenges, New Methodologies, Sonora University, Hermosillo: Mexico.