The Department of Accounting aims to enhance the employability of its graduates by providing its students with excellent tuition and establishing strong links with international professional bodies such as the ACCA, CIMA, CPA Australia and ICAEW. These steps help ensure that the curriculum of our accounting program is in line with those of top ranking institutes. This increases the credibility and employability of our graduates in the marketplace.
To be highly recognized in the region for excellence in learning, research and services.
To provide learners with broad and deep knowledge and skills of the latest innovation, sustainability and technology developments in Accounting and Auditing. The Department works to prepare learners for a diverse menu of career choices upon graduation, to cooperate with businesses and professional organizations, and to have high quality faculty members with a wide range of learning and research expertise to serve the community.
The objectives of the Department of Accounting are:
• Provide high quality learning and advising activities to support learners’ knowledge, skills and professional experience.
• Recruit and maintain high quality expertise faculty and staff members.
• Support cross-disciplinary innovative, sustainability and technology-driven academic activities.
• Conduct rigorous research in areas related to Accounting, for the advancement of the field and its related professions.
• Offer professional training, consultancy services and build-up partnerships to serve the community.
• Develop high quality accredited programs to meet job market demands.
B.Sc in Accounting Program Learning Outcomes
Upon the successful completion of the program, students should be able to:
- Explain the need of different users of accounting information and how to use Accounting procedures/inputs to communicate in writing and orally.
- Apply Accounting standards in the preparation of financial statements and Accounting information to advise users on alternative courses of action.
- Apply management decision making techniques/tools in real life situations through projects and case study analysis.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of Accounting techniques/tools in various business sectors.
- Design Accounting/auditing systems/procedures in light of IT application specifications in real life and virtual context.
- Integrate Accounting/auditing to manage disputable (or) debatable situations while being responsible of situational outcomes.
- Analyze the effect of Accounting/auditing regulatory environment on financial statement preparation.
- Apply professional standards to design an audit program in accordance with professional ethics and obligations.