The Department of Arabic Language and Literature was established in the academic year 1997-1998, coinciding with the establishment of the University of Sharjah. Since then, a large number of students graduate from our undergraduate program. . In 2001, our M.A program was launched and attracted a respectable number of students.
The Department of Arabic Language and Literature has witnessed a remarkable increase in the number of students applying for the M.A program as it clearly responds to the development needs of the UAE. It also supports the endeavors of the University of Sharjah to meet the growing needs of the local and regional community for specialized researchers in the field of Arabic Language and Literature.
1. Providing students with a broad and in-depth scientific knowledge base of the concepts, and the grammatical, literary, critical and rhetorical skills of the Arabic Language.
2. Enabling students to keep abreast of modern knowledge, curricula and theories in the fields of language and literature, while enhancing their skills in heritage studies.
3. Training students to write sound scientific research papers in the fields of language studies and literature.
4. Enhancing students' problem solving and critical thinking skills to improve their performance in the fields of education and scientific research.
5. Reinforcing students’ spirit of belonging to religion, homeland and nation, and help them develop virtuous values of self-reliance and teamwork.