Apply a broad range of core
mathematical knowledge and techniques, including advanced calculus, linear
algebra, geometry, differential equations, probability and statistics.
Apply scientific experiments and
research methods to continuously build on existing knowledge with modern and
Utilize mathematical knowledge and
IT skills to design, implement and enhance computer programs.
Function on multidisciplinary
Analyze statistical data to
identify and solve applied scientific problems
Understand professional and
Communicate mathematical knowledge
directly and indirectly with precision, clarity and organization.
Formulate mathematical models to
solve real-life problems in a contemporary global and societal context.
Utilize modern techniques and
skills obtained to achieve pre-determined goals and improve overall performance
in a professional set-up.
The Department of Mathematics seeks to provide quality education aimed at preparing high caliber professionals capable of achieving success and contributing to the development of the country in line with an ever-changing world.
The mathematics program is designed to achieve the following Program objectives:
1. Provide students with definitions of fundamental concepts and the major theorems of the core
areas of undergraduate Mathematics.
2. Develop students’ ability to construct mathematical proofs.
3. Train the students to analyze and interpret statistical data related to real-life problems.
4. Train students to formulate and evaluate the feasibility of a problem solving strategy.
5. Develop students’ ability to communicate mathematical/statistical results in written and oral forms.
6. Train students to design and implement algorithms for solving real-life problems.