The 'First Job Mentoring Workshop' was held on October 29, 2020 over Microsoft teams under the supervision of Dr. Abdelaziz Elgamouz, Coordinator of the Industrial training (1420452).
The agenda of the workshop was:
- Announcement of the two QC-Analysts job offer by Medpharma Pharmaceutical & Chemical Industries, Sharjah
- The job description of a QC-analyst
- Requirements of the job
- Skills needed for the job
- The Impact of Industrial and Governmental regulatory practices on analytical chromatography
- Organizations that regulates the pharmaceutical industry (US, UK pharmacopeia)
- Statistical analysis of Random error
- Liquid Chromatography needs in QC.
Alumni chemistry students had the opportunity to discuss for over a period of one hour the job offer in detail as well as sharing their thoughts and renew their contacts with the department of chemistry. The students also were informed about other job opportunities in the University as research assistants. They were also encouraged to apply for the MSc in chemistry or any closed subject at the University of Sharjah.