Program Goals and Objectives
1. Provide a thorough introduction to classical physics and the basic concepts of quantum mechanics.
2. Help students to develop appropriate skills for the analysis of the physical systems. These include the ability to extract data from real systems, and mathematical skills for the study of physical models.
3. Enable students to develop scientific reasoning, critical thinking, logical argumentation skills, and the ability to adopt the new situations arising from the changing nature of science and technology.
4. Help students to develop the oral and written communication skills required for a scientific and technical career.
5. Help students to acquire an understanding of the nature of physics as it relates to the other sciences and the various technical fields.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the B.Sc. program in Applied Physics, graduates will be able to:
1. Design and conduct experiments, test hypotheses, analyze and interpret data in Physics areas.
2. Apply knowledge of physics and other related disciplines to scientific and engineering problems.
3. Identify, solve and analyze applied physics problems.
4. Analyze the role of modern laboratory equipment and techniques to conduct experiments to solve contemporary issues in physics.
5. Effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
6. Apply the techniques, skills, and modern scientific and technical tools necessary for Physics practice.
7. Identify professional and ethical responsibility related to Physics.
8. Work individually or in a team to develop effective workplace relationships.
9. Formulate or design a scientific process in Physics to meet the desired needs
10. Acquire a broad education necessary to understand the impact of Physics solutions in a global, economic, environmental and societal context.
11. Recognize the need for and ability to engage in life-long learning in Physics.
Graduates from the Applied Physics program will be prepared to seek advanced degrees and to pursue careers in many fields and agencies such as:
1. Environmental agencies.
2. Energy & Petroleum authorities and agencies.
3. Various Industries.
4. Hospitals and health care centers.
5. Space agencies & Astronomical observatories.
6. Ministry of Education and academic institutions.
7. Telecommunication companies.
8. Military forces, police, and civil defense.
9. Research and scholarship centers.