• 2012, Ph.D, Genetic engineering & Biotechnology, University of Massachusetts , Amherst, USA
• 2002, B.Sc (First Class Honours), Agricultural sciences – Biotechnology, Al-Azhar University, Cairo, Egypt
• September 2014- present, Assistant professor, Applied Biology Department, College of Sciences, University of Sharjah, UAE
• February 2013- February 2014, Postdoctoral fellow, Plant Science Department , McGill University, Canada
• May 2012- present (on leave), Assistant professor , Department of Biotechnology, Faculty of Agriculture, Al-Azhar University, Cairo , Egypt
• October 2007 – May 2012, PhD student and research assistant, Department of Plant, Soil and Insect sciences ,University of Massachusetts, Amherst, USA
• 2004 – 2007, Teaching assistant, Department of Biotechnology, Faculty of Agriculture, Al-Azhar University, Cairo , Egypt
•Om Parkash Dhankher, Kareem A. Mosa, Kundan Kumar, Ahmed Meselhy Ali Gameel (2017). Rice Plasma Membrane Intrinsic Proteins Play Critical Role in Arsenite and Boron Transport and Providing Tolerance in Plants. Managing Global Resources for a Secure Future, ASA, CSSA and SSSA International Annual Meetings, Florida, USA, October 22- 25, 2017.
•Kareem A. Mosa, Ali El-Keblawy, Attiat El-Najar (2017). Calotropis procera seedlings could be used as a rapid cost effective bioindicator for measuring aluminum environmental pollution. European Geoscience Union General Assembly, EUG 2017, Vienna, Austria, April 23- 28, 2017.
•Ismail Saadoun, Kareem A. Mosa (2017). Awareness of Higher Education Institutes’ Students (University of Sharjah, UAE) about Global Warming and Climate Change. 4th International Conference on Global Warming: EcoSystem Productivity, Ras Al Khaimah, UAE, April 3- 5, 2017.
•Om Parkash Dhankher, Kareem A. Mosa and Kundan Kumar (2015). Rice Plasma Membrane Intrinsic Proteins (PIPs) Play Critical Role in Arsenite and Boron Transport and Tolerance Transport in Plants. 12th Phytotechnology Conference, Manhattan, Kansas, USA, September 26-29, 2015.
• Mohamed Awad, Mohamed Helmy, Kareem A. Mosa*, and FawzyA. El-feky (2017). In-silico assessment of five chloroplast intergenic regions in Poaceae family for DNA barcoding. 7th International Barcode of Life Conference, Skukuza, South Africa, November 20 - 24, 2017
•Mohamed Awad, Mohamed Helmy, Kareem A. Mosa* and Fawzy A. El-Feky (2016). Chloroplast Genome-wide in silico analysis of Triticum species for highly variable chloroplast loci using as DNA barcode. BioVision, Bibliotheca Alexandrina, Alexandria, Egypt, April 12- 14, 2016
•Eslam A. Heb El-din, Fawzy A. El- Feky, Ali M. El-Refy, Kareem A Mosa* (2016). Identification and isolation of Two AP2/ERF transcription factor genes from Egyptian tomato cultivar (Edkawy). 13th National Conference “Advances in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology in Diagnosis and Treatment". Academy of Scientific Research and Technology (ASRT) in Egypt. Cairo, Egypt, March 23 – 24, 2016
•Mohamed Awad, Ragab M. Fahmy, Kareem A. Mosa*, Mohamed Helmy, Fawzy A. El-Feky (2015). Assesssment of candidate DNA Barcoding loci for wheat and grass family (poaceae) in Egypt. 6th international Barcode of life conference, At Guelph University- Canada, August 18 – 21, 2015.
1. Abdul Hameed, Ali El-Keblawy, Mariam Aljasmi, Sanjay Gairola, Shyam S Phartyal, Kareem A. Mosa, Sameh Soliman (2021). Seed provenance, thermoperiod, and photoperiod affect low water potential tolerance during seed germination of the multipurpose exotic tree Prosopis juliflora. Journal of Arid Environments, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaridenv.2021.104627
2. Ali El-Keblawy, Mariam Aljasmi, Sanjay Gairola, Kareem A. Mosa, Abdul Hameed (2021). Provenance determines salinity tolerance and germination requirements of the multipurpose tree Prosopis juliflora seeds. Arid Land Research and Management, https://doi.org/10.1080/15324982.2021.1889713
3. Muna A. Ali, Kareem A. Mosa* (2021). Encapsulation of Metal and Metal Oxide Nanoparticles by Nutraceuticals: Implications for Biological Activities. Current Nutraceuticals, DOI: 10.2174/2665978601666201207212204
4. Mariam Aljasmi, Ali El-Keblawy, Kareem A Mosa (2021). Abiotic factors controlling germination of the multipurpose invasive Prosopis pallida: towards afforestation of salt-affected lands in the subtropical arid Arabian desert. Tropical Ecology, https://doi.org/10.1007/s42965-020-00124-3
5. Eman Humaid Alketbi, Rania Hamdy, Abdalla El-Kabalawy, Viktorija Juric, Marc Pignitter, Kareem A. Mosa, Ahmed M. Almehdi, Ali A. El-Keblawy, Sameh S. M. Soliman (2021). Lipid-based therapies against SARS-CoV-2 infection. Reviews in Medical Virology, DOI: 10.1002/rmv.2214
6. Mohamed Abouleish, Ali El-Keblawy, Kareem A. Mosa, Sameh SM Soliman (2020). Importance of Environmental Factors on Production of Computationally-Defined Natural Molecules against COVID-19 Pandemic. Current Topics in Medicinal Chemistry, 20 (22), 1958-1961
7. Attiat Elnaggar, Kareem A. Mosa*, Ali El-Keblawy, Amal Tammam, Mohamed El-Naggar (2020). Physiological and Biochemical Insights of Salt Stress Tolerance in the Habitat-indifferent Halophyte Salsola drummondii During the Vegetative Stage. Botany, https://doi.org/10.1139/cjb-2019-0160
8. Ali El-Keblawy, Attiat Elnaggar, Amal Tammam, Kareem A. Mosa (2020). Seed Provenance Affects Salt Tolerance and Germination Response of the Habitat-indifferent Salsola drummondii Halophyte in the Arid Arabian Deserts. Flora, 266, 151592; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.flora.2020.151592
9. Ahmed Ismail, Kareem A. Mosa*, Muna A. Ali, and Mohamed Helmy (2020). Biochemical and Molecular Markers: Unraveling Their Potential Role in Screening Germplasm for Thermotolerance. IN: Shabir H. Wani, Vinay Kumar (Eds), Heat Stress Tolerance in Plants: Physiological, Molecular and Genetic Perspectives. WILEY
10. Muna A. Ali, Kareem A. Mosa*, Ali El-Keblawy, Hussain Alawadhi (2019). Exogenous Production of Silver Nanoparticles by Tephrosia apollinea Living Plants under Drought Stress and Their Antimicrobial Activities. Nanomaterials, 9(12), 1716; https://doi.org/10.3390/nano9121716
11. Ali El-Keblawy, Masarra Elgabra, Kareem A. Mosa, Amal Fakhry, Sameh Soliman (2019). Roles of Hardened Husks and Membranes Surrounding Brachypodium hybridum Grains on Germination and Seedling Growth. Plants, https://doi.org/10.3390/plants8090322
12. Amani Ghassan Al-Nuairi, Kareem A. Mosa*, Mohammad G. Mohammad, Ali El-Keblawy, Sameh Soliman, Hussain Alawadhi (2019). Biosynthesis, Characterization, and Evaluation of the Cytotoxic Effects of Biologically Synthesized Silver Nanoparticles from Cyperus conglomeratus Root Extracts on Breast Cancer Cell Line MCF-7. Biological Trace Element Research, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12011-019-01791-7
13. Ahmed Almehdi, Ali El-Keblawy, Ihsan Shehadi, Mohamed El-Naggar, Ismail Saadoun, Kareem A. Mosa, Purushothaman C. Abhilash (2019). Old leaves accumulate more heavy metals than other parts of the desert shrub Calotropis procera at a traffic-polluted site as assessed by two analytical techniques. International Journal of Phytoremediation, DOI: 10.1080/15226514.2019.1619164
14. Masarra Elgabra, Ali El-Keblawy, Kareem A. Mosa, Sameh Soliman (2019). Factors controlling seed dormancy and germination response of Brachypodium hybridum growing in the hot arid mountains of the Arabian Desert. Botany, https://doi.org/10.1139/cjb-2018-0207
15. Alya O. AlQuraidi, Kareem A. Mosa*, Kalidoss Ramamoorthy (2019). Phytotoxic and Genotoxic Effects of Copper Nanoparticles in Coriander (Coriandrum sativum-Apiaceae). Plants, 8 (1), 19; https://doi.org/10.3390/plants8010019
.(2017- 2018) Supervisor of the Master research project “Assessment of metal nanoparticles phytotoxicity on Coriander (Coriandrum sativum) plants ". Student: Alya Omran Abdalla AlQuraidi AlShamsi, University of Sharjah
•(2017- 2018) Supervisor of the Master research project "Green biosynthesis of silver nanoparticles using UAE native plants and its possible biomedical applications". Student: Amani Ghassan Fahmi, University of Sharjah
. (2014- present) Member in the supervision committee of three PhD students:
Mohamed Attia, Ahmed Gameel, and Ahmed Hashem. Department of Biotechnology,
Al-Azhar University, Egypt.
· (2014- present) Member in the supervision committee of four master students:
Alhassan Aly, Eslam Hebeldeen, Hytham Shora, Mohamed Awad. Department of
Biotechnology, Al-Azhar University, Egypt.
· (2014) co-supervised the graduate student Liyao Ji, Master student at McGill
- (2011-2012) co-supervised the undergraduate students: Janelle Hayes and Mike
Esposito during their research scholarship at the University of Massachusetts
· (2014- Present) Member in " Academic Advising" committee, College of Science,
University of Sharjah.
· (2004- 2007, 2012- 2014) Member in “Library Committee”, Department of
Biotechnology, Al-Azhar University.
· (2004- 2007, 2012- 2014) Member in “Graduate and undergraduate Admissions
Committee”, Department of Biotechnology, Al-Azhar University.
· (2004- 2007, 2012- 2014) Member in “Supplies ordering committee”, Department of
Biotechnology, Al-Azhar University.
· (2012- 2013) Graduate seminar coordinator, Department of Biotechnology, Al-Azhar
· (2013) Consultant, “Misr El Kheir Qualifying Program for Postgraduate Student”, Misr
El-Kheir Foundation (MEK), Egypt.