Ghaf Tree Planting Project
Meeting via Ms Teams on 24 June 2020
Present : Prof Elsiddig Ahmed Elmustafa Elsheikh (Applied Biology) , Porf Ali El KAblawi (Applied Biology) , Dr Hamdan Ali Hamdan (Applied Physics) Nabra Al Busaidi, Project Manager, CAFU and Prof Nouar Tabet, Dean of College of Sciences
Agenda: Discussion of CAFU-CoS partnership for the implementation of Ghaf Tree Planting Project
The Meeting was organized by the Office of the Vice Chancellor for community Affairs.
11:am. Meeting start
1. Prof Nouar Tabet, Dean of the college of Sciences started by welcoming all attendees and invited Mrs Nabra to introduce the project and its goals.
2. Mrs Nabra Al Busaidi, Manager of the Project gave a brief presentation about the project and its main long term goal which is leveraging drone technology to plant 1 million Ghaf trees in UAE. The project has a huge potential impact on the environment . Mrs Nabra explained the technical gap that CAFU would like to fill via partnership with the college of Sciences in the University of Sharjah.
3. Some of the major technical challenges that need to be addressed were identified. The success of the project requires a good understanding of the optimum conditions for the growth of the tree such as soil properties, environment conditions,… and a close monitoring throughout the year. Both require a good expertise in the field of Ecology and Remote sensing that Prof El Seddig, Prof Ali EL Kablawi and Dr Hamdan can provide.
4. Mrs Nabra confirmed her satisfaction with the outcome of the discussion and will report to CAFU management before moving forward.
5. Another meeting will be scheduled soon to discuss the details of a Memorandum of understanding between CAFU and the College of Science of the university of Sharjah.
12:00pm Meeting adjourned.