The College of sciences broadcasted live the Nobel Prize Announcement for the year 2019 in the main lobby of M7. The Dean of the College, faculty members, staff and students, attended the live broadcast with great excitements. The broadcasts were followed with scientific discussions highlighting the achievements of the winners and their impact on humanity. The winners were as follows:
1. Physiology/medicine Nobel Prize announcement on Monday, October 7, 2019 at 3:30 p.m Sharjah time.
- Gregg L. Semenza
- Peter J. Ratcliffe
- William Kaelin Jr.
for their work and discoveries of how cells sense and adapt to oxygen
2. Physics Nobel Prize announcement on Tuesday, October 8, 2019 at 3:30 p.m. Sharjah time.
- Jim Beeble for his theoretical discoveries in physical cosmology
- Didier Queloz and Michel Mayor For their discovery of an exoplanet orbiting a solar-type star.
3. Chemistry Nobel Prize announcement on Wednesday, October 9, 2019 at 3:30 p.m. Sharjah time.
- John B. Goodenough
- Akira Yoshino
- M Stanley Whittingham
for the development of the lithium batteryor the development of the lithium batter