- School of Pharmacy, University of Maryland, Baltimore, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Ph.D., Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2004
Thesis: ‘Amino Acid-Based Polymers for Gene Delivery”.
- Merrick School of Business, University of Baltimore, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Masters of Business Administration, 2004
- School of Pharmacy, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
B.Sc., Pharmaceutical Sciences, 1997
- 09/2011-present – Assistant Professor - Department of Pharmaceutics and Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy, University of Sharjah, Shrajah, UAE
- 4/2009 - 10/2009 - Visiting Assistant Professor - Department of Bioengineering and Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
- 01/2007-08/2011 - Consultant and Trainer - Archer Business Consultants, Cairo, Egypt
- 01/2006-08/2011 - Assistant Professor - Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
- 01/2006-01/2007 - Visiting Professor – Department of Pharmaceutics, Misr International University, Cairo, Egypt
- 11/2004 - 12/2005 - Postdoctoral Fellow - Department of Biomedical Engineering, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD and Department of pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Maryland, Baltimore, Baltimore, MD, USA
- 12/1997-8/1999 - Teaching Assistant - Department of Pharmaceutics and Industrial Pharmacy, Faculty of Pharmacy, Cairo University, Egypt
- M. Haider, and H. Ghandehari, Influence of poly (amino acid) composition on complexation with plasmid dna and transfection efficiency, Journal of Bioactive and Compatible Polymers 18, p93-111, 2003.
- M. Haider, Z. Megeed, D. Li, B.W. O'Malley Jr., J. Cappello and H. Ghandehari, In vitro and in vivo evaluation of recombinant silk-elastinlike hydrogels for cancer gene therapy, Journal of Controlled Release, 94 (2-3), p433-445, 2004. (1st coauthor)
- M. Haider, Z. Megeed and H. Ghandehari, Genetically engineered polymers: status and prospects for controlled release, Journal of Controlled Release, 95 (1), p1-26, 2004.
- M. Haider, V. Leung, F. Ferrari, J. Crissman, J. Cappello, and H. Ghandehari, Molecular engineering of silk-elastinlike polymers for matrix-mediated gene delivery: biosynthesis and characterization, Molecular Pharmaceutics, 2 (2), p139-150, 2005.
- M. Haider, J. Cappello, H. Ghandehari and K.W. Leong, In vitro chondrogenesis of mesenchymal stem cells in recombinant silk-elastinlike hydrogels, Pharmaceutical Research 25(3), p692-9, 2008.
- D. Hwang, V. Moolchandani , R. Dandu, M. Haider, J. Cappello and H. Ghandehari, Influence of polymer structure and biodegradation on DNA release from structurally related silk-elastinlike hydrogels, International Journal of Pharmaceutics, 368(1-2), p215-9, 2009.
- K. Greish, A. Ray, H. Bauer, N. Larson, A. Malugina , D. Pike, M. Haider and H. Ghandehari, Anticancer and antiangiogenic activity of HPMA copolymer-aminohexylgeldanamycin-RGDfK conjugates for prostate cancer therapy, Journal of Controlled Release, 151 (3), p263-270, 2011.
- A. Abd-Elbary, M. Haider, S. Sayed, In vitro characterization and release study of Ambroxol hydrochloride matrix tablets prepared by direct compression, Pharmaceutical Development and Technology, 17(5):p562-73, 2012.
- G. Abdelbary , M. Haider, In vitro characterization and growth inhibition effect of nanostructured lipid carriers for controlled delivery of methotrexate, Pharmaceutical Development and Technology, 18(5): p1159-68, 2013.
- M. Haider, M. Mohamed and M. Ali, Formulation and in vitro/in vivo evaluation of buccoadhesive discs for controlled release of calcium channel antagonist. American Journal of Drug Discovery and Development, E-pub ahead of print, 2014.