• Ph.D. in (Clinical Pharmacy and Pharmacy), Queen`s University of Belfast, United Kingdom, 2006
• Master in (Clinical Pharmacy), Queen`s University of Belfast, United Kingdom, 1999
• B.Sc. in Pharmaceutical Sciences with honors, Pharmacy college, Cairo University, Egypt, 1985
• High Secondary School (Um Ammar), Abu Dhabi, UAE,1980
• College of Pharmacy, University of Sharjah, UAE, 2018 up to date.
• College of Medicine and health science (Pharm D program), UAE University, UAE, 2013-2016
• Deputy Director, Directorate of Military Medical Services, UAE 2007-2009
• Director of logistic and Chief Pharmacist, Department of Medical logistics, Directorate of Military Medical Services, UAE, 2001-2007
• School of Pharmacy, University of Ajman, Abu Dhabi, UAE, 2001-2003
• Chief Pharmacist, Department of Pharmacy, Zayed Military Hospital, Directorate of Military Medical Services, Armed Forces, Abu Dhabi, UAE, 1985-2001
• Members of students training unit, college of Pharmacy at University of Sharjah 2018- current
• member of Misconduct and discipline Committee in Pharmacy, UOS, 2020- current
• Chairman of Social Responsibility Committee, UOS, 2021
• Member of Expert advisory Panel for pharmacopiae and pharmaceutical preparation in WHO, 2020- current
• Member of One FIP Data and Intelligence commission in FIP, 2020-current
• Member of identifying and addressing the multi-national education and training needs of the pharmaceutical workforce (METNA)/ FIP, 2021- current
• Member of HAAD Examination committee (Clinical Pharmacy certification
• Committee) (2012-2015)
• Chairman of organizing committee and gave Oral presentation in JOPP/EMRO/FIP conference( Transformation in Pharmacy Practice toward patient care during COVID-19 era), A Potentially Novel Educational Approach to Improve Medication-Related Problems in Community Pharmacies, 23/August/2021, Virtual
• Evaluator of Multiple articles for several journals have been evaluated during 2020/2021
• Several vaccination events for FIP As Modulator, Speaker, 2020-2021
• Concomitant medication resulting Peripheral neuropathy, Speaker, UOS, 7/2021
• The role of the pharmacist in the prevention and management of Vector borne disease, Modulator and Organizing, Jun 2021
• Organizing committee Vice-Chairman and gave Oral presentation, Influence of pharmaceutical care on health outcomes (UAE, study in patients with Type 2 diabetes mellitus), 79th FIP World Congress of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, FIP, Abu Dhabi, 2019
• Pharmacy Education in UAE, 1st Eqyptian pharmacy conference EPC 4-6 Oct, 2019, Egypt
• Teaching in Arab Board of pharmacy specialties ABPS, 2019-2020
• EMRO/FIP Easter Mediterranean Region Forum /President 2018- current
• EPS Emirates pharmacy society/ Vice president, 2018- current
• Nadia Al Mazrouei, Rana Ibrahim, Derar Abdek Qader, Ahmed Al Meslamani, Osama H. Mohamed Ibrahim , Virtual pharmacist interventions on abuse of over-the-counter medications during COVID-19 versus traditional pharmacist interventions, Journal of American Pharmacists Association, Vol 61(3):331-339, 2021.
• Osama H. Mohamed Ibrahim, Rana Ibrahim, Derar Abdek Qader, Ahmed Al Meslamani, Nadia Al Mazrouei, Kareen Raily, Evaluation of the use and attitudes of pregnant and postpartum women towards medicine utilization during pregnancy in the United Arab Emirates: A national cross-sectional study. International Journal of Clinical Practice. 2021.
• Derar Abdel Qader , Ahmed Al Meslamani, Abdallah Albassam, Asmaa El-Shara, Najla Ismael, Salim Hamadi, Osama Mohamed Ibrahim, Nadia Al Mazrouei, Community pharmacists’ knowledge of and attitudes toward antibiotic use, resistance, and self-medication in Jordan, Drug and Therapy perspective, Vol 17(1):44-53, 2021.
• Nadia Al Mazrouei, Rana Ibrahim, Derar Abdel Qader, Ahmed Al Meslamani, Osama H. Mohamed Ibrahim, A novel educational approach for improving medication-related problems in community pharmacies, Research in Social and Administrative Pharmacy, 2021.
• Osama H. Mohamed Ibrahim, Rana Ibrahim, Derar Abdel Qader, Ahmed Al Meslamani, Nadia Al Mazrouei, Evaluation of Telepharmacy Services in light of COVID-19, Telemedicine and e-health, 2020. https://doi.org/10.1089/tmj.2020.0283
• Derar Abdel Qader , Ahmed Al Meslamani, Abdallah Albassam, Asmaa El-Shara, Najla Ismael, Salim Hamadi, Nadia Al Mazrouei, Osama Mohamed Ibrahim, Investigating prescribing errors in the emergency department of a large governmental hospital in Jordan. Journal of Pharmaceutical Health Services Research, Vol.11(4):375-382, 2020.
• Osama H. Mohamed Ibrahim, Rana Ibrahim, Ahmed Al Meslamani, Nadia Al Mazrouei,, Dispensing errors in community pharmacies in the united arab emirates: Investigating incidence, types, severity, and causes, Pharmacy practice, Vol 18(4):1-8, 2020.
• Derar Abdel Qader , Abdallah Albassam, Najla Ismael, Nadia Al Mazrouei, Osama Mohamed Ibrahim, Awareness of Antibiotic Use and Resistance in Jordanian Community, Journal of Primary Care and Community Heralth, Vol.11,2020.
• Osama H. Mohamed Ibrahim, Rana Ibrahim, Ahmed Al Meslamani, Nadia Al Mazrouei, Role of telepharmacy in pharmacist counselling to coronavirus disease 2019 patients and medication dispensing errors, Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare, 2020.
• Nadia Al Mazrouei, Rana M. Ibrahim, Ahmad Z. Al Meslamani, Derar H. Abedl-Qader, Adel Shaban Sadeq, Osama M. Ibrahim. The evolving role of community pharmacists during COVID-19 in the UAE; assessing preparedness and knowledge, International Journal of Pharmacy Practice,
1. Participate in Implementation of Taskstream Committee in 2019
2. Invited to meet with the accreditation team for re-licensure review visit of UOS, Monday, 2019
3. Member of the Study Plans, Curricula and Academic Accreditation Committee in UOS
4. Participate in Organizing Drug information Center as a career opportunity for pharmacists, Pharmacy students, December 2019
5. Establishing a communication with the training sites Hospitals, community pharmacies and industry in UAE especially Hospitals & sharing in Preparing MOU between local organizations and hospitals and university of Sharjah. All UOS community, since 2018 till now
6. Participating with our prof. Iyman our pervious Dean in preparing for Professional diploma program,Sharjah university and all pharmacist from 2018-2020
7. Elected as Vice president at Emirates Medical Association, UAE on 30 Nov 2018
8. Elected as Vice president at Eastern Meditation Region Organization /FIP Forum, Glasgow on 2 September 2018 -2020 then re-elected as President in August 2020-2022, Egypt
9. Member of Expert Advisory Panel on International Pharmacopeia and pharmaceutical preparation, WHO from September 2020 -2024 revising, adjusting and updating all Drugs policies and procedures.
10. International consultant at Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education, USA
11. Member of One FIP Data and Intelligence commission in FIP, out of 20 pharmacist on international level, to assist and participate in implementation phase of the FIP Goals worldwide for advancement of pharmacy practice globally since December 2020.
12. Teaching in Arab Board of pharmacy specialties ABPS January 2021” Psychiatry, nephrology and neurology pharmacotherapeutics”.
13. Member of identifying and addressing the multi-national education and training needs of the pharmaceutical workforce (METNA)/ FIP, since January 2021
14. Participating in Media T.V, social media interviews and News-paper localy and globally for advancing Pharmacy practice in EMRO region, promote Vaccination in Pharmacy practice and Covid 19- vaccination 2019-2021(available online) from educational perspective and Safety.
15. Invitation to speak on Peripheral Neuropathy - 25 June 2021 - 30 minute presentation.
16. Serve as a reviewer in the TPC of UAE Graduate Students Research Conference 2021
17. Serve as a reviewer in several top journals.
My teaching philosophy is built on the belief that learning is a continuous process based on student-centered technique (students need to be equal partners) delivered by:
1. Exchange of knowledge, skills, attitude and information through interactive teaching
2. Simulation through professional training mimic the work sites with professional preceptors (experiential learning opportunities),
3. Application of evidence-based pharmacotherapy
My role involves using my expertise, as clinical and chief Pharmacist for more than 20 years in Governmental Hospital, to facilitate the student’s ability to achieve their goals as to find and evaluate their necessary resources needed to answer their questions with skills that they will use in their everyday lives. This process will enable the student to cope with the patient needs and challenges as a life-long learning process. These basic skills include problem solving and critical thinking, research and writing proficiency, and effective communication ability. I use many different teaching techniques to achieve my philosophy and I designed my courses to include components that impart these skills.
Pharmacy Practice and clinical Pharmacy is a discipline in which various teaching techniques and methods can be applied, particularly hands-on activities and student’s involvement in objective discussions that I included it on these courses for future pharmacists to be knowledgeable with communication and education skills achieving their practice with the confident attitude required.
As an educator, I encourage my students to use critical thinking and problem solving to demonstrate their knowledge and I support them academically.
This can be achieved through creating a stimulating atmosphere enhancing the student's natural curiosity to direct their learning.
I include OSCE assessment to measure students' skills and short answer questions and assays that assess students' ability to think beyond memorization. I always ask them to give me feedback about my presentation style, teaching materials, and assessment modalities if it meet students’ expectations in order to keep my knowledge always updated. I always seek out educational and research opportunities that directly apply to my areas of practice