• PhD in Experimental & Clinical Pharmacology, Paris-Sud (XI) University (University of Paris-Saclay), Paris, France, 2013
• Master II in Pharmacology, Louis Pasteur University (University of Strasbourg), Strasbourg, France, 2009
• Master I in Biochemistry, Lebanese University, Beirut, Lebanon, 2008
• September 2015 – present: Assistant Professor
University of Sharjah, College of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmacy Practice & Pharmacotherapeutics, Sharjah, UAE
• September 2014 – August 2015: Post-Doctoral Fellow
Sorbonne Universities, Pierre & Marie Curie Faculty of Medicine, Paris, France
• February 2013 – August 2014: Post-Doctoral Fellow
The French National Institute for Industrial Environment and Risks (INERIS), Verneuil-en-Halatte, France
• September 2009 – December 2012: Ph.D. Fellow in Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology
The French Alternative Energies and Atomic Energy Commission (CEA), Saclay, France
Graduate school ED425 «Therapeutic innovation», Paris, France
1. R Harati*, A Mabondzo, A Tlili, G Khoder, M Mahfood & R Hamoudi. Combinatorial targeting of microRNA-26b and microRNA-101 exerts a synergistic inhibition on cyclooxygenase-2 in brain metastatic triple negative breast cancer cells. Breast Cancer Research and Treatment. 2021 Jun;187(3):695-713. doi: 10.1007/s10549-021-06255-y. Epub 2021 May 26. PMID: 34041621.
2. R Harati, M Vandamme, B Blanchet, C Bardin, F Praz, R Hamoudi and C Desbois-Mouthon. Drug-drug interaction between metformin and sorafenib alters antitumor effect in hepatocellular carcinoma cells. Molecular Pharmacology. 2021 Jul;100(1):32-45. doi: 10.1124/molpharm.120.000223. Epub 2021 May 14. PMID: 33990407.
3. M Ahmed, G Hope Daoud, A Mohamed, R Harati*. New Insights into the Therapeutic Applications of CRISPR/Cas9 Genome Editing in Breast Cancer. Genes (Basel). 2021 May 12;12(5):723. doi: 10.3390/genes12050723. PMID: 34066014.
4. M Mahfood, J Chouchen, W Kamal Eddine, AM Al Mutery, R Harati, A Tlili. Whole exome sequencing, in silico and functional studies confirm the association of the GJB2 mutation p.Cys169Tyr with deafness and suggest a role for the TMEM59 gene in the hearing process. Saudi J Biol Sci. 2021 Aug;28(8):4421-4429. doi: 10.1016/j.sjbs.2021.04.036. Epub 2021 Apr 20. PMID: 34354426.
5. G Khoder, S Mina, I Mahmoud, JS Muhammad, R Harati, C Burucoa. Helicobacter pylori Infection in Tripoli, North Lebanon: Assessment and Risk Factors. Biology (Basel). 2021 Jun 28;10(7):599. doi: 10.3390/biology10070599.PMID: 34203570.
6. R Harati*, S Hafezi, A Mabondzo, A Tlili. Silencing miR-202-3p increases MMP-1 and promotes a brain invasive phenotype in metastatic breast cancer cells. PLoS One. 2020 Oct 1;15(10):e0239292. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0239292. eCollection 2020.PMID: 33002044.
7. R Harati*, MG Mohammad, A Tlili, RA El-Awady, R Hamoudi. Loss of miR-101-3p Promotes Transmigration of Metastatic Breast Cancer Cells through the Brain Endothelium by Inducing COX-2/MMP1 Signaling. Pharmaceuticals (Basel). 2020 Jul 7;13(7):144. doi: 10.3390/ph13070144.PMID: 32645833.
8. Khan FM,Saleh E,Alawadhi H,Harati R, Zimmermann WH, El-Awady R. Inhibition of exosome release by ketotifen enhances sensitivity of cancer cells to doxorubicin. Cancer Biol Ther. 2018 Jan 2;19(1):25-33. doi: 10.1080/15384047.2017.1394544. Epub 2017 Dec 15.PMID: 29244610.
9. R Harati, H Benech, AS Villegier and A Mabondzo.P-glycoprotein, Breast cancer resistance protein, Organic anion transporter 3 and transporting peptide 1a4 during Blood-Brain Barrier Maturation: Involvement of Wnt/β-Catenin and Endothelin-1 Signaling. Molecular Pharmaceutics. 2013 May 6;10(5):1566-80. doi: 10.1021/mp300334r. Epub 2012 Oct 12.PMID: 22998451.
10. R Harati, AS Villegier, WA Banks and A. Mabondzo Susceptibility of juvenile and adult blood-brain barrier to endothelin-1: regulation of P-glycoprotein and breast cancer resistance protein expression and transport activity. J Neuroinflammation. 2012 Dec 19;9:273. doi: 10.1186/1742-2094-9-273.PMID: 23253775.
• Supervision of Master Thesis in Pharmacology: “Enhancing anti-epileptic drug delivery to the brain: miR-27a as a potential therapeutic target to modulate P-glycoprotein expression at the blood-brain barrier”. M.Sc. candidate Saba Hammad. September 2020. Masters in Pharmaceutical Sciences (Pharmacology), College of Pharmacy, University of Sharjah.
• Supervision of Master Thesis in Pharmacology: “Evaluating the therapeutic potential of miR-623 to suppress extravasation of brain metastatic breast cancer cells”. M.Sc. candidate Duaa Hammash. September 2020. Masters in Pharmaceutical Sciences (Pharmacology), College of Pharmacy, University of Sharjah.
• Supervision of Master Thesis in Pharmacology: “Role of miR-let-7c in brain metastasis of triple negative breast cancer”. M.Sc. candidate Rama Al-Sabbagh. November 2020. Masters in Pharmaceutical Sciences (Pharmacology), College of Pharmacy, University of Sharjah.
• Supervision of Master Thesis in Pharmacology: “Role of exosomes in extravasation of brain metastatic triple negative breast cancer cells”. M.Sc. candidate Manal AbdelSalam. February 2020. Masters in Pharmaceutical Sciences (Pharmacology), College of Pharmacy, University of Sharjah.
• Co-Supervision of Master thesis: «Optimizing the Sorafenib treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma». M.Sc. candidate Amélie Maury. September 2014. Sorbonne Universities, Pierre & Marie Curie Faculty of Medicine, Paris, France