- PhD (Clinical Pharmacy and Pharmacy Practice), Sunderland School of Pharmacy, Sunderland University, UK, 2005.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Pharmacokinetics for the Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Sciences. University of Minnesota (USA)-University of Malta, The Republic of Malta, 1998.
- MPhil (Clinical Pharmacy), Welsh School of Pharmacy, Cardiff-Wales, UK, 1996.
- Bachelor of Science (Pharmacy) (Honor student, grade average 97%, Faculty of Pharmacy, Tripoli University, Tripoli, Libya, 1985.
• Head of Department: Pharmacy Practice and Pharmacoetherapeutics, College of Pharmacy, University of Sharjah, Sharjah, UAE. September 2016/2017 to 2019/2020
• Dean, College of Pharmacy and Health Science, AUST during the academic year 2011/2012.
• Chairman, The 14th Annual Congress of the Association of the Colleges of Pharmacy in the Arab World. 7-9 February 2012.
• Head, Executive Committee of the Scientific Association of the Colleges of Pharmacy in the Arab World. February 9, 2012 to March 2013.
• Representing the AUST the meetings of the joint cooperation agreement with Alberta University, Edmonton, Canada (30/09/2010 to 10/10/2010).
• Head of Clinical Pharmacy Department. AUST, UAE (1999 to January 18, 2014)
• Head of Central Training Committee, AUST, UAE (1999 to January 18, 2014).
• Chairman, Research and working team, AUST, UAE (2008 to January 18, 2014) Head Assistant of Drug Information Department, Tripoli, Libya (1997 to 1999)
1. Hamzah Alzubaidi, Catarina Samorinha, Basema Saddik, Ward Saidawi, Abduelmula Abduelkarem, Eman Abu-Gharbieh, Susan Sherman. A mixed-methods study to assess COVID-19 vaccination acceptability in the United Arab Emirates. Human Vaccines & Immunotherapeutics 2021; Volume 17 Issue 12: https://doi.org/10.1080/21645515.2021.1969854
2. Khalid Awad Al-Kubaisi, Mark De SteCroix, Don Vinson, Suleiman Ibrahim Sharif, Abduelmula R. Abduelkarem. Self-Medication with Oral Antibiotics among University Students in United Arab Emirates. Tropical Journal of Pharmaceutical Research 2021; 18 (6): 1331-1337. doi.org/10.4314/tjpr.v18i6.26.
3. Suleiman I. Sharif , Abduelmula R. Abduelkarem. Ability of pharmacy students to assess their learning. Pharmacy Education 2021; 21(1): 240-246. https://doi.org/10.46542/pe.2021.211.240246
4. Abduelmula R. Abduelkarem, Sana O. Bader. Integrating pharmaceutical care into public health. Mediterr J Pharm Pharm Sci 2021; 1(2): 12-14. https://www.medjpps.com.
5. Israa S. Abdelrahim, Hasan Abu-Aisha, and Abduelmula R. Abduelkarem. The Effect of The Effect of Angiotensin Converting Enzyme Inhibitors and/or angiotensin Receptor Blockers Versus Calcium Channel Blockers on Frequency of Cardiovascular Events in Patients with hypertension and Chronic Kidney Disease in Sudan. World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research 2020; 9(15):1-13. DOI : 10.20959/wjpr202015-19240
6. Israa S. Abdelrahim, Hasan Abu-Aisha, and Abduelmula R. Abduelkarem. The Effect of Angiotensin Converting Enzyme Inhibitors and/or angiotensin Receptor Blockers Versus Calcium Channel Blockers on Progression of Chronic Kidney Disease in Patients with Hypertension in Sudan. World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research 2020; 9(9):149-162. DOI : 10.20959/wjpr20209-18462
7. Abduelmula R Abduelkarem, Farah Bankessli, Sherin Kamal, Nahed Kulhasan, Amar M Hamrrouni, Suleiman I Sharif. The epidemic of obesity among UAE school pupils and the need for prevention program. Plos One 2020: 1-12. doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0234244
8. Einas A Bakheit, Abduelmula R Abduelkarem, Kamal M Elhag. Prescribing Patterns of Aminoglycoside Antibiotics in a Teaching Hospital in Sudan. Journal of Microbiology and Research 2020. doi.org/10.31487/j.CMR.2020.01.01
9. Abduelmula R. Abduelkarim, Hanan S. Anbar, Seyed-Omar Zaraei, Aya A. Alfar, Omayma S. Al-Zoubi, Eveen G. Abdelkarem, and Mohammed I. El-Gamal. Diarylamides in anticancer drug discovery: A review of pre-clinical and clinical investigations. European Journal of Chemistry 2020; 188, 112029. Doi.org/10.1016/j.ejmech.2019.112029.
10. Abdelmula Abdelkarem, Amna Othman, Zakieh M Abuelkhair, Mariam M Ghazal, Sawsan B Alzouobi, Mohamed E El Zowalaty. Prevalence of self-medication of antibiotics among residents in United Arab Emirates. Infection and Drug Resistance 2019; 12: 3445-3453.
11. Abduelmula R Abduelkarem, Amna M Othman, Sara M Elgendy, Raneem E Moustafa, Noor M Al-Areqi. Physician and Patient’s Insights Toward Generic prescribing: The Scenario in the United Arab Emirates. Journal of Generic Prescribing 2019. DOI: 10.1177/1741134319882722
12. Abduelkarem AR, Hamrouni AM, Alhmadi MM, Tawati AM. Osteoporosis Related Knowledge and Attitudes: The Scenario in Tripoli, Libya. Journal of Medical Biomedical and Applied Sciences 2019; 7(7): 272–281.
13. Seyed-Omar Zaraei, Abduelmula R. Abduelkarim, Hanan S. Anbar, Sara Kobeissi, Miami Mohammad, Aya Ossama, Mohammed I. El-Gamal. Sulfamates in drug design and discovery: Pre-clinical and clinical investigations. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry 2019; 179: 257-271. doi.org/10.1016/j.ejmech.2019.06.052
14. Abduelmula R Abduelkarem, Amna M Othman, Heba Abdelnasser Alshorbagy, Norhan Fathy Elshazly, Rawand H Herzallah, et al. Autism Teachers’ Perceptions of Students’ Behaviors and Different Education Techniques, in the UAE. Arch Phar & Pharmacol Res. 1(4): 2019. APPR.MS.ID.000520. DOI: 10.33552/APPR.2019.01.000520.
15. Manal Al Sha’rawy, Shifaa Abdin, Layal Kourbaj, Leena Kamal, Abdelmola R. Abdelkarem, Rana Ibrahim, Suleiman I. Sharif. Knowledge, Attitude and Practice of In- Home Medication Disposal in UAE. Int. J. Basic & Clin. Pharmacol 2019; 8 (4): 746-751.
16. Khalid Awad Al-Kubaisi, Mark De SteCroix, Don Vinson, Liz Ellis, Suleiman Ibrahim Sharif, Abduelmula R. Abduelkarem. What Drives Using Antibiotic without Prescriptions? A Qualitative Interview Study of University Students in United Arab Emirates. Pharmacy Practice 2018; 6(2):1172. doi.org/10.18549/PharmPract.2018.02.1172
17. Bakheit E, Elhag K, Abduelkarem A, Basheer N. Consumption and Bacterial Resistance to Aminoglycosides in Soba University Hospital Wards, Khartoum, Sudan. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research 2018; 11(8). DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.22159/ajpcr. 2018.v11i8.26381
18. Al-Kubaisi, K, De Stecroix, M, Vinson, D, Hassan M, Baig S, Sharif S, Abduelkarem A. What Drives Intentional Overdose with Non Prescription drugs? A Cross-Sectional Study.
Annales Pharmaceutiques Françaises 2018; doi.org/10.1016/j.pharma.2018.03.008
19. Abduelmula R Abduelkarem, Enas Z Elkrewi, Israa N Shatat, Nesreen M Alsebai, Warda M Ismail. Perception of Over the Counter Drug Advertising among Pharmacists in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Archives of Pharmacy & Pharmacology Research 2018; 1(1): 1-6.
20. Khalid A Al-Kubaisi, Mark D SteCroix, Don Vinson, et al. Polypharmacy Behaviour among University Students in United Arab Emirates. Med-Clin Res & Rev 2018; 2(1): 1-5.
- Establishment of a diploma program in specialized clinical pharmacy. The Center for the development of the workforce, Ministry of Health, Tripoli, Libya. June 1 to 7, 2014.
- Skinco2de. LDS, The Address Downtown Dubai. Mohamed Bin Rashid Boulevard, Downtown Dubai, Dubai, UAE.
Monday, May 12, 2014.
- Anticoagulation workshop for local community and hospital pharmacists. College of Pharmacy, University of Sharjah, Wednesday, 9th of April 2014.
- Asthma workshop for the local community and hospital pharmacists: Pharmacists towards achieving better diagnosis and treatment of asthma. Thursday, 27 March 2014.
- Patient Counseling Competition. College of Pharmacy, University of Sharjah, UAE. Wednesday the 16th and Thursday the 17th of April, 2014.
- How can we change our lifestyle to fight the diseases of the third millennium? Health education for mothers and female teachers in Ajman primary and secondary Schools, Ajman-UAE, May 2013.