- PhD (Clinical Pharmacy and Pharmacy Practice), Sunderland School of Pharmacy, Sunderland University, UK, 2005.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Pharmacokinetics for the Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Sciences. University of Minnesota (USA)-University of Malta, The Republic of Malta, 1998.
- MPhil (Clinical Pharmacy), Welsh School of Pharmacy, Cardiff-Wales, UK, 1996.
- Bachelor of Science (Pharmacy) (Honor student, grade average 97%, Faculty of Pharmacy, Tripoli University, Tripoli, Libya, 1985.
- Dean, College of Pharmacy and Health Science, AUST during the academic year 2011/2012.
- Chairman, The 14th Annual Congress of the Association of the Colleges of Pharmacy in the Arab World. 7-9 February 2012.
- Head, Executive Committee of the Scientific Association of the Colleges of Pharmacy in the Arab World. February 9, 2012 to March 2013.
- Representing the AUST the meetings of the joint cooperation agreement with Alberta University, Edmonton, Canada (30/09/2010 to 10/10/2010).
- Head of Clinical Pharmacy Department. AUST, UAE (1999 to January 18, 2014)
- Head of Central Training Committee, AUST, UAE (1999 to January 18, 2014).
- Chairman, Research and working team, AUST, UAE (2008 to January 18, 2014)
- Head Assistant of Drug Information Department, Tripoli, Libya (1997 to 1999)
- Abduelmula R. Abduelkarem. Extending the Role of Pharmacists in Patient Care: Are Pharmacists in Developing Nations Ready to Change? Pharmacology & Pharmacy 2014; 5: 865-875.
- Rayes, I.K., Hassali, M.A., Abduelkarem, A.R., Perception of Community Pharmacists towards Their Current Professional Role in the Healthcare System of Dubai, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Pharmaceutical Journal (2014), doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jsps.2014.11.016.
- Suleiman I. Sharif and Abduelmula R. Abduelkarem. Three days analysis of a pharmacist’s dispensing behavior: A self-professional ethics learning model for pharmacy students. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences Research 2014; 1: 103-105
- Rayes, IK, Hassali, MA, Abduelkarem, AR. A Pilot Study Assessing the Barriers to Pharmacy Practice in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Tropical Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2014; Sep; 13 (9): 1319-1326.
- Fatima Koprulu, Refqa JK Bader, Nageeb AGM Hassan, Abduelmula R Abduelkarem and Dhafir A Mahmood. Evaluation of Adherence to Diabetic Treatment in Northern Region of United Arab Emirates. Tropical Journal of Pharmaceutical Research 2014; 13(6):989.995.
- Sawsan Shanableh, Abdulmula Abdulkarem, Mohammed Shamssain, Fadi Sarhan. Quality Of Life of Hypertensive Patients on Different Types of Antihypertensive Medications. IOSR Journal of Pharmacy, 2014; 4(5): 23-28.
- Rayes, IK, Hassali, MA, Abduelkarem, AR. The role of pharmacists in developing countries: The current scenario in the United Arab Emirates. Saudi Pharmaceutical Journal, 2014. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jsps.2014.02.004.
- Rayes, IK, Hassali, MA, Abduelkarem, AR. A qualitative study exploring public perceptions on the role of community pharmacists in Dubai. Pharmacy Practice, 2014; 12(1):363.
A List of published books:
- Quick OTC Drug Review: An easy guide to Over the Counter Drugs.
LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing GmbH & Co. KG. Heinrich- Böcking, Saarbrücken, Germany, 2013.
- The First Aid: Practical Guidance
LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing GmbH & Co. KG. Heinrich-Böcking,Saarbrücken, Germany, 2012.
- Good Pharmacy Practice: Pharmacy Student Training Manual
College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, AUST, 2010.
For undergraduate BPharm degrees (2014):
- Evaluation of Breast Cancer Awareness Among Female University Students in University of Sharjah, UAE.
- Knowledge, Perception and Attitude of Pharmacists, Nurses and Doctors about Home-Care Medical Devices in Sharjah and Ajman, U.A.E
For postgraduate Master degrees (2014):
- Evaluation of factors associated with poor glycemic control and some other health care indicators among patients with type 2 diabetes in Ramallah, Palestine.
- The Health Related Quality of Life among Hypertensive and Diabetic patient in the UAE.
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and its impact on the Health Related Quality of Life.
- Role of Pharmacist in Patient Choice Between Conventional Medication and Herbal Remedies for Weight Loss in the UAE.
- Factors Influencing Students of Pharmacy to Select Their Future Professions.
- Evaluation of Adherence to diabetic treatment and the impact of diabetic patient counseling by pharmacist.
For postgraduate Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degrees (2014):
- Appointed as Field Supervisor for Candidate: Omar Saad Saleh Abrika. School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Social and Administrative Pharmacy, USM, University of Sains Malaysia. 1 April, 2009.
- Appointed as Field Supervisor for Candidate: Ibrahim Al-Arias. School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Social and Administrative Pharmacy, USM, University of Sains Malaysia. 1 March, 2012.
- Establishment of a diploma program in specialized clinical pharmacy. The Center for the development of the workforce, Ministsry of Health, Tripoli, Libya. June 1 to 7, 2014.
- Skinco2de. LDS, The Address Downtown Dubai. Mohamed Bin Rashid Boulevard, Downtown Dubai, Dubai, UAE.
Monday May 12, 2014.
- Anticoagulation workshop for local community and hospital pharmacists. College of Pharmacy, University of Sharjah, Wednesday, 9th of April 2014.
- Asthma workshop for local community and hospital pharmacists: Pharmacists towards achieving better diagnosis and treatment of asthma. Thursday, 27 March 2014.
- Patient Counseling Competition. College of Pharmacy, University of Sharjah, UAE. Wednesday the 16th and Thursday the 17th of April, 2014.
- How can we change our lifestyle to fight the diseases of the third millennium? Health education for mothers and female teachers in Ajman primary and secondary Schools, Ajman-UAE, May 2013.