Legal Protection for Persons with Disabilities
The College of Law at the University of Sharjah held a symposium on December 7, 2020, at 10:00 am, under the title "Legal Protection for Persons with Disabilities", which was presented by a number of faculty members with the participation of academic members and undergraduate and postgraduate students.
At the beginning, the Dean of the College of Law, Prof. Imad El Din Ahmad Abdul Hay, delivered his speech expressing the his gratitude for the topics at hand, adding that despite the difficult circumstances and the legal, social and economic repercussions caused by the Covid-19 pandemic, people with special needs are still receiving a huge support and practical acknowledgement in the UAE, which was reflected in the issuance of the Federal Law of the United Arab Emirates No. 29 of 2006 regarding the rights of the disabled and the strict implementation of such law.
Research papers presented at the symposium:
- The effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on persons with disabilities.
Prof. Faysal Benhalilou- Professor of International Law - University of Sharjah.
- Criminal treatment of people with disabilities.
Dr. Manal Monajjed- Associate Professor of Criminal Law - University of Sharjah.
- Legal protection of the right of persons with disabilities to work between text and application.
Dr. Bashar Momani- Associate Professor of Civil Law - University of Sharjah.
- Empowerment of Handicapped Children - an evaluation study.
Dr. Mourad Benseghir- Assistant Professor of Private Law - University of Sharjah.
- The University of Sharjah is distinguished in treating people of determination.
Yaman Barakat - Master's student in public law and teaching assistant at the College of Law - University of Sharjah.