- 2019-Present, Assistant Professo, Department of Computer Engineering, College of Computing and Informatics, UOS, UAE.
- 2011- , Assistant Professor (faculty of electrical and electronics engineering, department of computer engineering, Aleppo University, Aleppo – Syria
- 2009-2011: Post-Doc (department of electrical engineering, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) , Thuwal - Saudi Arabia
- 2004-2009: Research Scientist, design developer and lecturer (Institute of Embedded Systems, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Karlsruhe-Germany)
- 2002-2004: Hardware/Software developer (Institute of Computer and Communication Network Engineering, group of Aerospace Data Processing Units. Braunschweig– Germany)
- 2000-2002: Hardware/Software developer (Institute of Computer and Communication Network Engineering, group of Communication Networks. Braunschweig– Germany)
[C.1.] Waleed Obaid, Talal Bonny, and A.-K. Hamid. “FPGA Reconfigurable UWB CPW Bow-Tie Aperture Antenna for Wi-Fi Applications (4.9 GHz) by Rotating Slots”. In IEEE International Conference On Communications, Signal Processing, and Their Applications. American University of Sharjah, UAE. March 2019.
[C.2.] Mohamed Bassem and Talal Bonny. “IoV Road Safety: Vehicle Speed Limiting System”. In IEEE International Conference On Communications, Signal Processing, and Their Applications. American University of Sharjah, UAE. March 2019.
[C.3.] Talal Bonny, Accuracy/Speed Trade-off Technique for Dynamic Programing Based Algorithms, IEEE 5th International conference on Electronic Devices, Systems and Applications (ICEDSA), Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates. December 2016
[C.4.] M Basel Almourad, Mohammed Hussain, Talal Bonny, An Algorithm for Inferring Big Data Objects Correlation Using Word Net, Elsevier Procedia Computer Science, 2016
[C.5.] Talal Bonny and Bassel Soudan, Computation Time Reduction to Speed-up the Database Searching Process, IEEE 45th International Symposium on Multiple-Valued Logic (ISMVL 2015), Waterloo, Canada. May 2015
[C.6.] Talal Bonny and Bassel Soudan, High speed database sequence comparison, IEEE International Conference on Soft Computing and Software Engineering (SCSE'15), University of California at Berkeley (UC Berkeley), USA. March, 2015.
[C.7.] Talal Bonny and Bassel Soudan, Filtering Technique for High Speed Database Sequence Comparison, IEEE International Conference on Semantic Computing (ICSC 2015), Anaheim, California, USA. February 2015.
[C.8.] M. Sammer Srouji, Talal Bonny, Jörg Henkel, High-speed Encoding/Decoding Technique for Reliable Data Transmission in Wireless Sensor Networks, IEEE 11th International Conference on Sensing, Communication, and Networking (SECON '14), Singapore, 30 June 2014
[C.9.] Talal Bonny and Khaled Salama, “ABS: Sequence Alignment By Scanning” in the 33rd Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC'11), on August 30
[C.10.] Talal Bonny and Khaled Salama, “Fast Global Sequence Alignment Algorithm” in the Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems, and Computers to be held in PACIFIC GROVE, CA, in November 6-9th, 2011
[C.11.] M. Affan Zidan, Talal Bonny and Khaled N. Salama, High Performance Technique for Database Applications Using a Hybrid GPU/CPU Platform. Great Leak Simposium on VLSI, May, 2011.
[J.1.] Talal Bonny, Tamer Rabie, Mohammed Baziad, and Walid Balid. “SHORT: Segmented Histogram Technique for Robust Real-Time Object Recognition”, Journal of Multimedia Tools and Applications (Impact Factor: 2.101), June 2019.
[J.2.] Tamer Rabie, Mohamed Baziyad, Talal Bonny, and Raouf Fareh. “Toward a Unified Performance Metric for Benchmarking Steganography Systems”, Journal of Circuits, Systems and Computers (Impact Factor: 0.59), April 2019.
[J.3.] Talal Bonny and Qasim Nasir, “Clock Glitch Fault Injection Attack on an FPGA-based Non-autonomous Chaotic Oscillator”, Journal of Nonlinear Dynamics (Impact Factor: 4.604), March 2019.
[J.4.] Saif Al Aani, Talal Bonny, Shadi Hasan, Nidal Hilal. “Can machine language and artificial intelligence revolutionize process automation for water treatment and desalination?”. Journal of Desalination (Impact Factor: 6.035). February 2019.
[J.5.] Talal Bonny, R. Al Debsi, B. Al-Murad, “Time Efficient Segmented Technique for Dynamic programming Based Algorithms”, Journal of Circuits, Systems and Computers (Impact Factor: 0.59), January 2019.
[J.6.] Talal Bonny, “Heterogeneous HW/SW FPGA-Based Embedded System for Database Sequencing Applications” International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications, 9(10), 2018. http://dx.doi.org/10.14569/IJACSA.2018.091030
[J.7.] Talal Bonny, R. Aldebsi, Sohaib Majzoub and Ahmed Elwakil, ”Hardware Optimized FPGA Implementations of High Speed True Random Bit Generators Based on Switching-Type Chaotic Oscillators”, Journal of Circuits, Systems, and Signal Processing (Impact Factor: 1.99), July 2018.
[J.8.] Talal Bonny and Ahmed S. Elwakil, “FPGA Realizations of High Speed Switching-Type Chaotic Oscillators Using Compact VHDL Codes”, Journal of Nonlinear Dynamics (Impact Factor: 4.33), July 2018; https://doi.org/10.1007/s11071-018-4229-7
[J.9.] Talal Bonny and Safaa Henno, “Image Edge Detectors under Different Noise Levels with FPGA Implementations”, Journal of Circuits, Systems and Computers (Impact Factor: 0.59), March 2018; https://doi.org/10.1142/S0218126618502092
[J.10.] Talal Bonny, Tamer Rabie, and A. H. Abdul Hafez, “Multiple histogram-based face recognition with high speed FPGA implementation”, Journal of Multimedia Tools and Applications (Impact Factor: 1.54), Feb. 2018; https://doi.org/10.1007/s11042-018-5647-8
[J.11.] Anis Allagui, Andrea Espinel Rojas, Talal Bonny, Ahmed Elwakil, Mohammed Ali Abdul Kareem, “Nonlinear time-series analysis of current signal in cathodic contact glow discharge electrolysis” Journal of Applied Physics (Impact Factor: 2.17), Vol. 119, (2016); https://doi.org/10.1063/1.4952732
[J.12.] Talal Bonny and Bassel Soudan: " High speed database sequence comparison ",Elsevier Procedia Computer Science, volume 62 – pages: 73-80, September 2015. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procs.2015.08.413
[J.13.] Talal Bonny: "A Hybrid Heuristic/Deterministic Dynamic Programing Technique for Fast Sequence Alignment", International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications, volume 6 - issue 8, August 2015. https://doi.org/10.14569/IJACSA.2015.060830
[J.14.] Talal Bonny: "Performance Optimization of the Database Sequencing Applications",International Journal of Computer Applications, volume 112 - number 5, February 2015. https://doi.org/10.5120/19659-1315
[J.15.] Talal Bonny and Jörg Henkel: "Huffman-Based Code Compression Techniques for Embedded Processors ", ACM Transaction on Design Automation of Electronic Systems (TODAES), Volume 15 Issue 4, September 2010.
[J.16.] Talal Bonny and Jörg Henkel: "Efficient Code Compression for Embedded processors", IEEE Transactions on Very Large Scale Integration Systems (TVLSI), Volume 16, Issue 12, pp. 1696-1707, December 2008.
[B.1] J. Henkel, S. Parameswaren, A. Janapsatya, T. Bonny and A. Ignjatovic "Design and Run Time Code Compression for Embedded Systems". pp. 97-128, Springer 2007 ISBN978-1-4020-5868-4 (HB)
ISBN 978-1-4020-5869-1 (e-book)
[Po.1] Soliman Mahmoud, Talal Bonny, Sohaib Majthob, Ahmed El Wakil: Mixed Analog- Digital Smart Electronic Circuits and Systems, Annual Research Forum at University of Sharjah, March 2016
[Po.2] Florian Kaiser, Daniel Heyder, Michael Pressler, Lars Bauer, Chrisitan Krämer, Tibor Kampeis, Artjom Grudnitsky, Talal Bonny, Prof. Dr. J. Henkel: DodOrg Case Study: Task mapping, scheduling and swapping-onfly, Organic Computing Kolloquium 2006, Stuttgart, 14/15th September 2006.
[Po.3] M.A. Al Faruque, L. Bauer, T. Bonny, S. Gottfried, J. Henkel: "Power and Performance for ASIPs", Poster Presentation, Embedded Systems Day 2005, Karlsruhe, 14.3.2005
[Po.4] M.A. Al Faruque, L. Bauer, T. Bonny, S. Gottfried, J. Henkel: "Embedded Systems Lab: Design Space Exploration for ASIPs", Poster Presentation, Embedded Systems Day 2005, Karlsruhe, 14.3.2005
- "Visual Typer", Qamar Zaher, Maysa Omar, and Ayah El-Issa, 2014/2015
- "Brail Display System for Arabic Language", Hamzah Abdullah, Mohamed Abdul Samad, Khaled Naqawa, 2014/2015
- "The Servig Robot", Ali Alyammahi, Tareq Al Sibai and Abdularahman Abdulateef, 2014/2015
- "The Smart Suit", Rami Wafiq Khalifa and Malik Salah, 2013/2014
- "The Smart Servant", Abdelaziz Altunaiji and Abdullah Ashour, 2013/2014
Graduation Projects at Aleppo University, Syria:
- “Browsing Internet via Bluetooth”, Mahmoud Sofan, 2011/2012
- “Security by Voice Recognition”, Moustafa Almoustafa, 2011/2012
- “Smart home Using AVR Microcontroller”, Abdo Alkhoder, 2011/2012
- “Designing Braille System for Arabic Language”, Zakaria Alnahas, 2011/2012
Diploma Thesis at Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Germany:
- “Retargetable code compression for embedded processors”, Meiko Mueller, 2009
- “Instruction Code Compression für VLIW-Prozessoren”, Markus Hass, 2008
- “Instruction Re-encoding for Better Code Compression in Embedded Processors”, Elena Begus, 2007
- “Implementing an Interface to connect LCD to Prototyping FPGA Board”, Peter Vohmann, 2006
- “Code compression for VLIW processors”, Olivier Klousseh, 2006
- “Maschienencodeübersetzung für ein MIPS basiertes Sensorknoten SoC”, Sebastian Reiter, 2005
- “Implementation of Huffman-Code decompressor for Xilinx FPGA”, Zerong Yu, 2005