The aim of founding the college is to fulfil the vision of His Highness Sheikh Dr. Sultan bin Mohammed Al Qasimi, Member of the Supreme Council, Ruler of Sharjah, and President of the University of Sharjah, to offer emerging and state-of-the-art programs at the University of Sharjah to serve the UAE's national agenda. This an agenda that stresses on cybersecurity, artificial intelligence, smart cities and systems, machine learning, computing and IT applications in all areas of national, social and scientific development, including the knowledge economy, health care, the environment.
Computing and informatics are critical for any nation hoping to succeed in the era of digital economy. The strength of the college is its programs, resources, and people.
Currently, the college is comprised of three departments: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Information Systems.
We also offer a number of graduate programs that include M.Sc. Computer Engineering, M.Sc. Computer Science, and M.Sc. Business Information Systems. The College offers a doctoral program in electrical and computer engineering jointly with the College of Engineering. We also plan to offer snother doctoral program in computer science.
New programs that are in the planning stage at present include: M.Sc. Biomedical and Health Informatics, M.Sc. Cybersecurity, M.Sc. Data Science, B.Sc. Cyber Security Engineering, B.Sc. Data Science, B.Sc. Software Engineering and B.Sc. e-Commerce.Vision:
To be a leading college of computing and informatics in education, research, and community service.Mission:
- Educate and train future IT talent for national and international communities
- Expand to embrace emerging fields in computing and informatics
- Develop a strong culture of research and innovation
- Engage communities through scholarship, service and economic development
The CCI is committed to:
- Improving students' learning experience
- Fostering excellence in teaching and learning
- Encouraging impactful research competences
- Engaging the community through scholarship and services
- Fostering a culture of collaboration and productivity
The CCI is committed to the same core values of the University. The University of Sharjah is united by six core values that underpin our daily actions as students, staff, faculty, administrators and alumni. These are:
- Integrity and Ethics: Ethical standards at the University of Sharjah are founded on ethical and civic responsibility in accordance with progressive Arab and Islamic ideals.
- Dedication: Dedication to providing students with knowledge and support so that they are fully prepared to be the leaders of the future.
- Inclusiveness: We welcome and value each other and embrace the diversity of ideas and people.
- Excellence with limitless Drive: For quality enhancement and continuous improvement.
- Accountability and Transparency: We pride ourselves on our responsibility, and transparency in our actions, providing a fair and positive work environment.
- Innovation and Creativity: We work without bounds to improve lives through creativity and innovation in the pursuit of academic excellence.