The aim of founding the College of Computing and Informatics is to fulfil the vision of His Highness Sheikh Dr. Sultan bin Mohammed Al Qasimi, Member of the Supreme Council, Ruler of Sharjah, founder of the University of Sharjah (UoS) to offer emerging and state-of-the-art programs at UoS to serve the UAE's national agenda. This an agenda that stresses on cybersecurity, artificial intelligence, smart cities and systems, computing, and IT applications in all areas of national, social and scientific development, including the knowledge economy, healthcare, the environment.
Computing and informatics are critical for any nation hoping to succeed in the era of digital economy. The strength of the college is its programs, resources, and people.
Currently, the college is comprised of three departments: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Information Systems.
We also offer a number of graduate programs that include M.Sc. Computer Engineering, M.Sc. Computer Science, M.Sc. in Cybersecurity Engineering, M.Sc. Artificial Intelligence, M.Sc. Data Science, and M.Sc. in Business Analytics.
The College offers two doctoral programs: PhD in Computer Science offered by the department of Computer Science and a PhD in Electrical and Computer Engineering offered jointly with the College of Engineering.
New undergraduate programs have been also launched in areas of Biomedical Informatics and Cyber security engineering in addition to the existing programs in computer science, computer engineering, IT multimedia and Business Information Systems.
Our programs are accredited by the ministry of education and the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology, ABET, and they are preparing and equipping our students with the latest skill set required for the job market, teaching them advanced programming languages, platforms with practical work using state of art facilities in the areas of artificial intelligence, robotics, cyber security, and data analytics.
The College has partnerships with many local and international institutions and industrial partners.
Moreover, all the three departments are empowering undergraduate and postgraduate students to win prestigious awards at the national level and University level (innovation awards, Sharjah Islamic Bank award), and to publish research articles in top quality and high impart journals.
Our faculty members are also conducting world class research, winning several prestigious awards and research grants (Research incentive awards, best paper awards, innovation-box idea, and many several research grants)
To be a leading college of computing and informatics in education, research, and community service.
- Educate and train future IT talent for national and international communities
- Expand to embrace emerging fields in computing and informatics
- Develop a strong culture of research and innovation
- Engage communities through scholarship, service, and economic development
The CCI is committed to:
- Improving students' learning experience
- Fostering excellence in teaching and learning
- Encouraging impactful research competences
- Engaging the community through scholarship and services
- Fostering a culture of collaboration and productivity
The CCI is committed to the same core values of the University. UoS is united by six core values that underpin our daily actions as students, staff, faculty, administrators, and alumni. These are:
- Integrity and Ethics: Ethical standards at the University of Sharjah are founded on ethical and civic responsibility in accordance with progressive Arab and Islamic ideals.
- Dedication: Dedication to providing students with knowledge and support so that they are fully prepared to be the leaders of the future.
- Inclusiveness: We welcome and value each other and embrace the diversity of ideas and people.
- Excellence with limitless Drive: For quality enhancement and continuous improvement.
- Accountability and Transparency: We pride ourselves on our responsibility, and transparency in our actions, providing a fair and positive work environment.
- Innovation and Creativity: We work without bounds to improve lives through creativity and innovation in the pursuit of academic excellence.