Dr. Khawla Al Mulla
Secretary-General of the Supreme Council for Family Affairs in Sharjah
Dr. Khawla Al Mulla holds a PhD degree in Sociology, specific specialization: Policies and Development, University of Sharjah, a Master degree in Applied Sociology, Family Counselling and Social Work, University of Sharjah, and a Bachelor degree in Business Administration and Economics from the United Arab Emirates University. She also received a Graduate Diploma in Management from the united Arab Emirates University and the Diploma in Leadership from Zayed University.
Dr. Khawla continued education and received other diplomas in total quality management, small business cost accounting and strategic management.
She moved up in her career life from a schoolteacher to deputy principal to principal and then, an executive director at the Ministry of Education, Dubai.
She worked for the Supreme Council for Family Affairs and was the director of the Women Affairs Department, the director of the Family Counselling Department and the executive director of the Family Development Centers.
She was appointed Chair of the Consultative Council of Sharjah in its ninth consultative term. Currently, she is the Secretary-General of the Supreme Council for Family Affairs.
Dr. Al Mulla's contributions and memberships of committees and councils include:
- Member of the University of Sharjah Board of Trustees
- Member of the Al Qasimia University Board of Trustees
- Chair of the Advisory Council of the College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences at the University of Sharjah.
- Chair of the Sharjah committee for hosting the Arab Children's Parliament
- Member of the board of directors of the Marriage Fund
- Member of the higher committee for Sharjah Census 2015.
- Chair and member of the student refereeing committee for the Sharjah Award for Education in the 14th to 18th editions consecutively.
In addition to taking part in several conferences and workshops and winning awards including:
- Symbols of Giving conference
- Educational research award (first place)
- Khalifa Award for Education
- Presenting a workshop at the UAE Woman Day (the Mother of UAE is a source of pride for all UAE women)
- Presenting a worksheet and moderating a session during the Arab Youth Conference and Festival for Total Development, Egypt.
- A worksheet presented to the Sharjah Policewomen on the International Women's Day, 8/3/2016