We would like to extend a warm welcome to new researchers who have joined our research community at the University of Sharjah. As a new Researcher at the UOS, you are expected to get some necessary information regarding research community, management, funding, projects, grants, publication, as well as facilities and support services. The research community hopes that you will be able to make the most possible use of your time at the university and benefit most usefully from the offered research facilities and services. This section will point you in the right direction to the resources, locations and links that you need to establish yourself smoothly and rapidly within your role. Following are a few tips that you might find helpful:
- Chancellor’s Meeting of New Researchers (All new faculty and researchers are invited to attend the Chancellor’s welcome speech at the beginning of each academic term.
- Induction sessions: all new researchers are advised to attend induction sessions that are meant to familiarize them with research administration, facilities and services (researchers may contact the VCRGS secretary for details)
- Link to research staff handbook
- Link to research policies and procedures
- New researchers’ feedback (needs, enquiries, complaints, etc.)
- List of Health Care services (from myuos – from HR New Faculty Guide)