Admission Requirements for Master programs
- The student must hold a bachelor's degree or equivalent from a recognized university with a CGPA of 3.00 out of 4.00. Students with a CGPA between 2.5 and 2.99 may be admitted conditionally.
- The degree must be in a major that qualifies the student to study the master's program.
- Students in programs taught in English must obtain 550 on the TOEFL (PBT) (should be taken inside the university), 79 on the TOEFL (IBT) (outside the university), or 6 on IELTS (Academic). For the Applied Sociology and Law programs, the student must obtain 450 on TOEFL (PBT) (should be taken inside the university), 45-46 on the TOEFL (IBT) (outside the university), or 4.5 on IELTS.
- In master programs taught in Arabic (except Applied Sociology and Law), the student is required to take and pass an English course as a prerequisite during the first semester of admission. The student, however, may be exempted from this prerequisite if he/she scores 400 points on TOEFL (PBT) (should be taken inside the university) 32 on the TOEFL (IBT) (outside the university), or 4.0 on the IELTS.
- Attachment of ‘no objection certificate’ from the authorities responsible for national service for male Emirati students.
- Attachment of a letter of study approval from the Kuwait Embassy Cultural Office for Kuwaiti students only.
- Attachment of People of Determination card (if applicable).
- In case the student works in a certain place, please attach a letter from the employer stating that the student is working for this agency.