Admission Requirements for Master programs
- The student must hold a bachelor's degree or equivalent from a recognized university with a CGPA of 3.00 out of 4.00. Students with a CGPA between 2.5 and 2.99 may be admitted conditionally.
- The degree must be in a major that qualifies the student to study the master's program.
Students must meet the English language proficiency requirement:
Students in programs taught in English: a score of 1400 in an EmSAT English exam, 550 in TOEFL (ITP) (or its equivalence), or 6 in IELTS must be obtained. Students who have an EmSAT score of 1250 or its equivalent in another English proficiency standardized test accredited by the Commission for Academic Accreditation, such as TOEFL (ITP) with a score of 530 (or its equivalence), and IELTS with a score of 5.5 may be admitted, however, they must meet the following conditions:
- An EmSAT English score of 1400 or its equivalent must be obtained by the end of the first semester.
- A maximum of 6 credit hours (Master level) must be registered in the first semester, excluding intensive English language courses.
- A minimum CGPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 must be obtained in the first 6 credit hours of the master program.
- Students in programs taught in Arabic and does not require a specific TOEFL score, they must study and pass an English language course in the first semester. If the student scores 950 in an EmSAT exam, 450 in TOEFL (ITP) (or its equivalence), or 4.5 in IELTS, he/she shall be exempted from the course. For programs that set a TOEFL score, (like the master in Applied Sociology and Master in Law), The student must obtain a score of 950 in the EMSAT or 450 in the TOEFL ITP (or its equivalent), or 4.5 in the IELTS.
- Native speakers of English shall be exempted from the TOEFL Test if the language of instruction in their undergraduate studies was English. Also, Students who graduated from academic institutions that uses English as the primary medium of instruction, in bachelor studies, are exempted.
- Attachment of ‘no objection certificate’ from the authorities responsible for national service for male Emirati students.
- Attachment of a letter of study approval from the Kuwait Embassy Cultural Office for Kuwaiti students only.
- Attachment of People of Determination card (if applicable).
- In case the student works in a certain place, please attach a letter from the employer stating that the student is working for this agency.
|Table of Equivalent Scores on Tests of English Language Proficiency |
|EmSAT||TOFEL ITP||ILETS academic|