Research Goals and Objectives
Our group focus encompasses tissue injury and repair related to pathogenesis
and therapeutics of multiple origins from molecular and cellular levels to its
Our objectives are:
- To define the biomarkers of diseases involving tissue repair
and remodeling e.g. myocardial infarction, bronchial asthma.
- Determine early vascular changes in diabetes mellitus and
metabolic syndrome patients to detect cardiovascular injuries in its earlier
stage using non-invasive diagnostic tests and biomedical markers.
- To evaluate the influence of gene polymorphism and tissue
microenvironment on tissue remodeling, neoplasia and response to
- Describing 3D scaffold free models of related tissue
types for tissue regeneration as well as drug testing.
- Explore the potential beneficial effects of vitamin D and
antioxidants in reversing and repairing the vascular injuries.
- Examine the immunological reactions mounting after environmental
insults or genetic modifications
- Establish animal models representing human cardiovascular
disease and obstructive airway diseases.