1. To identify the neural circuits of the limbic system that are involved in modulation of vital neurocognitive functions.
2. To investigate the role of neuroinflammation, oxidative stress, epigenetic processes in development of neuropsychiatric and neurological disorders.
3. To ascertain and validate novel and potential therapeutic targets and biomarkers for the prevention and early detection of diseases and to introduce more effective care and management strategies for neuropsychiatric and neurological disorders.
4. To establish successful national and international collaboration at all levels, research and academia, to tackle the devastating impact of the neurological and neuropsychiatric disorders.
5. To bridge the gap between the basic and clinical research by facilitating the translation of the lab findings to improve the quality of life of individuals with neurological and neuropsychiatric disorders.
6. To promote the awareness of the local community via innovative approaches to improve the perception of neuropsychiatric and neurological disorders.
7. Designing strategic plans to challenge the stigma, enhance resilience and improve people's wellbeing during pandemics and other global crises.