HPC Cluster Hardware and software Infrastructure:
The HPC Facility hosts three clusters named Fahad, Saqr and Maha. They form an environment that provide the computational backbone for the research at the University of Sharjah.
- One storage/head node with two Intel Xeon Gold 5120 CPU @ 14Cores - 2.20GHz each, 128 GB RAM and 60 TB Storage.
- One login node with two Intel Xeon Silver 4110 CPU @ 8Cores - 2.10GHz each and 96 GB RAM.
- 12 compute nodes with 2 Intel Xeon Gold 6140 CPU @ 18Cores – 2.3GHz each and 192 GB RAM.
- Each compute node and login node has 240 GB SATA HDD.
- Mellanox ConnectX-4 Mezzanine card with one EDR/100Gbps Port.
- Centos – 7.8 operating system and Qlustar-11.0 for cluster management.
- One master node and 4 compute nodes (CNs)
- Two Intel Xeon E5 Processors (16 core, 2.3 GHz) per CN for a total of 32 CPU-core/CN
- 8 NVidia K80 GPU cards per CN for a total of 20,000 GPU-core/CN
- 96 GB of GPU memory and 256 GB of system memory per CN
- 1 TB of local SSD storage per CN
- 54 TB of secondary SAN storage.
- 56 Gbp/s Infiniband switch, 16 Gbp/s FC switch and 1G Ethernet switch.
- Ubuntu 16.04 operating system and Bright Computing - 8.1 for cluster management.
- Four HP Z840 workstations
- Two Intel Xeon E5 processors (12-core, 2.6GHz) per node
- 480 GB of total system memory.
- 10 TB of NAS storage
- 10 Gbp/s Ethernet switch.