Main Research Areas
The research group is specialized in the research and development of energy storage systems. A group is a multi-disciplinary group with strong backgrounds in mechanical, chemical and industrial engineering fields.
- Electrochemical energy storage systems (EESS) such as Batteries, Hydrogen Cell and super-capacitors.
- Mechanical Energy storage: Compressed air energy storage (CAES), flywheel technologies and buoyancy force energy storage.
- Pumped Hydroelectric Storage (PHS)
- Thermal energy storage (TES).
- Energy storage control and management.
- Microstructural, Optical and Thermal Investigation of Copper Oxide Nano-Materials as Selective Absorbers for Solar Collectors Applications.
- Employing Earth-Water Heat Exchanger to reduce Power Consumption of Air-conditioning System.
- Enhancements of the properties of the Organometallic mixed-halide perovskite solar cells using doped graphene nanoplatelets as a counter electrode.
- Enhancement of optical, radiative and corrosion resistance properties of solar absorbers by low-cost graphene bulk surface modification.
- Electricity production from wastes using an integrated system from Biogas and Solid Oxide Fuel Cells
- Development of the microbial fuel cell for simultaneous electricity generation and wastewater treatment.