MAIN RESEARCH AREAS
Currently, there are three main streams for this research group (will expand in the future):
SPECIFIC LINES OF RESEARCH PRIORITY OF THE GROUP
- Designing the IS for bio-medical applications.
- Micro/Nanomaterial for fabricating the IS.
- Estimation and filtering for the measurement signal.
- Develop new bio-micro/nano IS to measure human body responses.
- Derive correlations between newly developed micro/nanomaterials and human dynamic responses.
- Examine, and if needed develop, new materials that be safe and fast.
- Apply/develop signal processing and estimation techniques to maximize the data obtained from the IS.
- Obtain a product that can be used nationally and internationally.
- Estrogen-induced epigenetic regulation of Iron metabolism in hepatocellular carcinoma (AJF2018036); Oct./2018). 2018 (2 years). Al-Jalila Foundation. PI: Jibran Muhammad, PI; M Hamad, Co-PI, Total fund awarded: AED 292,000.00 (~ USD 107,000.00).
- University of Sharjah competitive grant. Investigating the role of estrogen signaling in intracellular iron metabolism in macrophages. M. Hamad, PI, Total fund awarded: AED 80,000.00 (~ USD 30,000). Oct. 13, 2019- (2 years).
- University of Sharjah competitive grant. Screening for HLA haplotype and immune function-related gene variants as host-related factors that predispose to cytokine storm syndrome in Emirati COVID-19 patients. M Hamad, PI, Total fund awarded: AED 197,000.00 Sept. 1, 2020 (1 year).
- University of Sharjah competitive grant. Development of a cell culture model to study the (morphological, cellular molecular, -need to define) changes in articular chondrocytes during osteoarthritis. PI: Asima Kareem, Co-PI: M Hamad. Total fund awarded: AED 80,000.00 (~ USD 30,000). Nov. 7, 13, 2020- (2 years).
- University of Sharjah seed grant. Model the correlation between the properties of the Artery and the blood pressure level. PI: A. Al-Shamma', Co-PI: M AlShabi. Total fund awarded: AED 40,000.00 (~ USD 15,000). 2020- (2 years).