RIHSS seeks to achieve the following objectives:
- Create research plans and programs harmonized with the University mission and goals.
- Hold training workshops, seminars and lectures aiming at the development and achievement of UOS research and community service objectives.
- Conduct research of high quality at national and international levels with potential to address community issues and provide solutions.
- Encourage and increase interdisciplinary & multdisciplinary research among faculty members in their respective areas through inter-departmental and inter-college cooperation.
- Encourage and supporting applied research related to the development and service of the UAE society.
- Establish special graduate programs aiming to qualify researchers to conduct research projects that promote growth in all areas, and keep abreast of scientific and technological developments.
- Provide consultation in research and statistics for faculty members and students as well as community research institutions.
- Support the students in general and graduate students (Ph. D and Master's) in particular to publish research in collaboration with faculty in reputable journals.